Sorting listing by price

Yoav4
Level 10
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel

Sorting listing by price

Isn't it weird that you cannot sort listing by price?
I think ir's very basic and this is the first site that I saw that doesn't have this option.

Of course other sorting options such as reviews, distance from request place etc could be nice but price is like I mention is basic.
What do you think?

94 Replies 94
Paul4
Level 10
Kiawah Island, SC

Sort is designed by the "data scientists" to most likely result in a booking. It has nothing to do with so called "logic". (No offense meant to "data scientists", go back to your foosball table)

I'm sorry.. what??

Sorting is a programming behavior, can be handled by a web developer if included in business requirements of course. I am a data scientist and while your comment makes no sense, I support price sorting as the OP has requested.

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

This is the first thing I noticed on Airbnb two years ago, @Yoav4. Contacted CS, and it hasn't been changed since so I guess they purposely keep it away from the site. Still, hosts are nudged by reminders that "someone booked another place because it was $X cheaper." So you see the logic of Airbnb...

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Yoav4
Level 10
Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel

I understand that they want a full control on the order of the listing but as a guest I would expect that option.

Julie1485
Level 3
Aberdeen, United Kingdom

It's so frustrating! Cos you have to trawl through alllll the listings.. or as many as you can handle. What is the logic behind not having this function?

It must be because the booking fee that you pay to AirBnb is a fixed percent out of the total amount that you are paying... so they would rather push for more expensive properties than let you choose the cheapest.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Luca2339 

The option "filters" let you set limits on price level, also shows in the graph the cheapest options available within the search results.

It may be an upsell item charged to the host for a priority listing. Any AirBNB hosts out there who could possibly explain this sort by price omission by AirBNB?

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Yoav4 

You can "kinda" sort it by price by setting the range of price, maximum and minimum price.

If you are using desktop or notebook, pick "price" on the top bar menu.

Then you will see the map on the right, with lots of tags with the prices that are within the chosen range of price.

As for the search result list on the left, it really does not list it sorting by price, anyway it presents only the listings that are within the chosen range of price.

Robert997
Level 4
Sioux Falls, SD

This is the same reason hotel and retail sites never default list by price. The marketers don't want you to look at the cheaper options before seeing the more expensive ones. The difference is that most other sites still give you the option of sorting by price. I find it annoying and a poor business practice on the part of Airbnb.

Extremely poor business practice!

Brian587
Level 1
Santa Cruz, CA

This is quite surprising, but based on the ethics I have seen AirBnB display it makes some sense.  I still can't believe I had to share so much private information to rent through the AirBnB service.  I don't think banks collect as much information when they loan you money. 

Deb125
Level 10
Lahaina, HI

Airbnb only "rewards" superhosts.. that is their sort method.  My nightly rates include state and local taxes,  the onsite rental office collects taxes on check in. I don't have a front desk to do this.  However my condo is upgraded other condos in the same complex are not upgraded, so then it becomes a visual thing.