South Florida Hosts Chris Oetting

Tony134
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

South Florida Hosts Chris Oetting

Have you ever dealt with the South Florida Manager Chris Oetting?  I can't even confirm if this manager is a real person.  I have gotten general response emails from him, but have never once in two years been able to catch him on the phone or get him to help with a single problem I have, despite his welcome email offering assistance.

I expected at least the local customer service would be ok, but this guy seems to be a pro at avoiding providing any CS.

Anyone here have this experience or actually get Chris on the phone or get him to do something?

6 Replies 6
Barry-and-Lera0
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

@Tony134: I have never heard of him. How did he contact you?

by email originally.  I've never actually spoken with him, he just always sends an email offering to help, but then is never available when I call and never calls when he says he will.  He did reply to my new email to *of course* refer me to customer service, because he doesn't provide assistance...

Tony134
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

@Barry-and-Lera0 The reply above, guess this is working again?

Barry-and-Lera0
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

@Tony134: You would probably get more help / insight with your questions here. We are in the same market so maybe we can even be of some help with questions.

Tony134
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

It's not really a questin so much as Full on Protest.  Airbnb has reached into my wallet and stolen close to a $1,000 so they could give it to a young girl who disrespected my home and house rules from top to bottom, and that's just This Time.  I have pictures and video of the girl's illegal marijuana, her extra unregistered guests constantly, and even complaints from other guests about her volume level at night.  The situation is ridiculously clear and one sided, and instead of doing anything respectable or grown up, Airbnb reached into my wallet and took the money out.  The most HILARIOUS PART is, they first asked:

"Hello Tony,

This is Trip Case Manager Paola with Airbnb Experience Team, I hope this message finds you well.
I was informed of the issue going on with the reservation with Adrienne. I know she is asking to leave the listing, I suggest a mid reservation alteration. This way she would be able to leave and your calendar would open so you may receieve new guests for the days she would've been at your listing. Please let me know how you would like to proceed."

Then I said 'No' and explained in detail that that was 100% unacceptable.  Then, LIKE EVIL RAPISTS, they went ahead and altered it anyway despite my LACK OF CONSENT and my clear usage of the word 'No'.  What is the point of asking if you're just going to take what you want anyway?

Barry-and-Lera0
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

@Tony134: I'm sorry to hear that. We have not run into any serious issues in the 3 years of hosting so I don't have any real world insight to your issue in regard to your guests lack of respect of the rules. The few times we did have to get in touch with Airbnb (via thier Twitter help) it was all handled quite well and all parties were satisfied. 

I'm guessing based on the amount of money you lost she was there for a month or so? We have eaten a few dollars in what we call "learning experiences" but nothing that was horribly negative to our guesthouse or bank account. Sorry I couldn't be more help.