Special Offer option has been removed for existing guests!

Dee33
Level 10
Reston, VA

Special Offer option has been removed for existing guests!

I am very distressed to learn that the Special Offer has been removed for existing guests! I now have a situation it is impossible to resolve.

An exisiting guest would like to extend her stay for 7 days. Her current room is not available for those extended dates, but I have another room I can switch her to for those extra days. In the past, I have resolved this by sending a Special Offer, but that option was removed from the Reservation Details page for all exisiting guests. It was available to existing guests as recently as November 29 when I used it with a previous guest (proof attached below).

It is not possible for the guest to book this herself as a new reservation because a.) I can't send her the URL for the other room since Airbnb hides it and b). even if she could get to the listing, the extra days she wants are less than my minimum so she won't be able to book or even send me an inquiry for those days.

There is no way for me to accommodate this guest! How is this possible?

I am on the phone with support and they are telling me this option was never offered at all. It was, and they removed it recently (see below)

index.png

1 Reply 1
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Dee33 

- You can change the reservation by extending it (change dates) and change the room.

- You can sent the guest the link to the listing, it will not be blocked, as internal link are never blocked

- You can sent also your homepage for all listings: https://www.airbnb.com/users/92743534/listings

I frequently deal with guest who want to extend there stay and have to change rooms, i allways use the "change reservation" option.

Best regards,

Emiel