Special Offer

Michael62
Level 2
Croydon, United Kingdom

Special Offer

Why is it so hard to contact AirBnB. Its very frustrating. I once found a live chat feature, but I can't seem to find it now! Why is it so hard to find a phone number. Im not even sure how I found this page. Its very frustrating not being able to contact someone easily! 

My problem is that Im having trouble sending a special offer to a guest making an enquiry. When I go to the send a special offer page, Im getting a message that some of the selected dates in my calendar are blocked out. When I go to my calendar, I cant see any blocked out dates in the period selected for the special offer.

Can anyone help?

11 Replies 11

@Michael62 I had the very same experience last week--and it was, indeed, FRUSTRATING!! I called Airbnb and they eventually saw what I was seeing. She was able to take care of it. I'm guessing it's a problem with Airbnb's system.

Hosting since Thanksgiving Day 2012 and over 1,000 stays. May you ever be the benevolent ruler of your own domain--YOUR life. Allow no other to rule over it.
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Michael62,

Here is how you can contact Airbnb: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/Contact-Airbnb-A-How-To-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

I do know that they have a live chat but they turn it on and off all the time so it might be there for you one day and not the next but later you may see it again.

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

HI @Dave-and-Deb0

Thanks for the link. Very useful. I've bookmarked it for future reference.

I managed to find the chat feature in the end, but the person I chatted with couldnt find the problem either. My calendar looked clear to them too! Anyway, all sorted now....

Thanks again for the help and the link 

Michael H 🙂

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Michael62,

Just thought you might also find this link to the Community How To Guides that @Dave-and-Deb0 kindly put together to help others hosts here, it also includes the link Dave provided you. 

I hope this helps. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie I've been hosting for over 3 years and only recently had that glitch in being able to send a special offer. I know most of the ins and outs of the system, but I became SO frustrated I called Airbnb support. At first the rep didn't see it, but after being on the phone with her for a little while longer, somehow she was able to see the dates were blocked off. I even opened a different browser, but go the same problem with the calendar refusing to allow me to extend a special offer for dates I KNEW were available. It was a problem with the system--NOT with the user.

It's critical to hear what the users have to say. I've experienced this before--where the rep wants to push it back on to me that I'm not doing something right, and then promptly directs me to a link (usually someone green--why am I forced to have to use MY time to train THEM--I am a high-volume host who's out there making money for me and you--Airbnb--so stop making me spend my time holding hands with an inexperienced know-it-all). Duh ... I CAN read. PLUS--get this--I DO follow instructions, almost compulsively, because instructions are there for a reason, right? (And ... I HAVE TOLD THEM THIS DURING THE CONVERSATION; but it's painfully obvious they're not listening and merely want to get the information THEY know out of their mouths. I can tell because I say the same thing two or three times--at least!--before they FINALLY stop to listen to what I've been saying all along. But when I am connected to a rep who knows how to listen, I fall to my knees and thank the Mighty Powers for taking pity on my poor soul and bestowing on me their benevolence and mercy. I also thank the rep and tell them I'm grateful for their help--they're AWESOME!)

But what if the instructions don't resolve the problem?? There's something wrong. Fix it. Don't put it back onto the user.

PS, This is a general rant and not directed at you personally @Lizzie; you're doing a great job

(It IS directed at the managers and trainers whose job it is to train the staff--including on how to REALLY listen. I'm grateful when a rep tells me the conversation is being recorded and always respond, "Fantastic! I hope you use it." And that's the truth.)

Hosting since Thanksgiving Day 2012 and over 1,000 stays. May you ever be the benevolent ruler of your own domain--YOUR life. Allow no other to rule over it.

Hi @Dave-and-Deb0.
I found the phone number of the hotline for France. Everything is ok now.
Many thanks.
Christian from "Les Camélias de Pallus", Loire Valley, France

https://www.airbnb.fr/rooms/7491959?s=HJy3R2iz

Like all of you, I am trying too to make a guest a 'special offer' for dates that are available and the system won't allow me to put different fees in to do this AND all I can do is to contact them via their ridiculously unfriendly contact form...and wait (so far 5 hours) for a response. And then I guess they will decide to pull my response rate down because I have not responded to the guest fast enough. 

There used to be a phone no (in London anyway) by which you could contact Airbnb but there is none here in Australia and nor is there a live chat contact page. Compared to the support system available via Stayz and Homeaway this is pathetic. I have been hosting at one of our properties for several years with Airbnb but I can't say they are my favourite service for assistance and useability. 

Hi Julie,

I totally agree. We have lots of villas and apartments listed and when I have a problem I do not even know what email address to send to. I think it is rude, ignorant and unprofessional.

Paul

Thomas117
Level 1
San Diego, CA

This is frustrating and not very well done. I have a different problem. My guest has booked and accepted one visit for one period of dates. Now they are requesting through a message to send them an offer for another set of dates. If I click on 'Send Special Offer' it comes up with the dates they already have booked. If I change the dates according to the additional request, does it cancel/change what they are already booked for? And why does it not include a cleaning fee but asks me to put it in a lump total and without an itemised field that the guest can see? Grrrr...

Andrea603
Level 3
Amsterdam, Netherlands

The ONLY solution to this topic is:

1- You send a message to your guest to inform that you will decline the request in order to send a special offer

2- You DECLINE the request

3- A window pops up asking for the reason, UNBLOCK the dates and confirm

4- You open again the conversation with your guest in the inbox section

5- The SPECIAL OFFER will be at the bottom of the Reservation Details just after the price 

It happen to me and I called the customer service, they were also struggling in give me an answer... 

Same problem still exists.  I tried your solution but when I get to step 5 to enter the Special Offer, it tells me those dates are not available.  So I had to do one more step, first I have to go to the calendar and manually unblock those dates...which isn't really correct either, as I would like to have those dates blocked while the special offer is pending.  If dates are blocked by a request, you should be able to make a special offer for that request, against those dates.  I hope Airbnb will sort out this issue, though evidently it's been going on for at least 3 years.