Special offer button working, after clicking it says the dates aren't available.

Karlo11
Level 1
Manila, Philippines

Special offer button working, after clicking it says the dates aren't available.

Hi! new host here. I have an existing guest who couldnt sort out extending the dates on the reservation and neither could i. (A previous guest was able to do this but this current one was unable to. So i know its possible to extend an ongoing reservation) We originally wanted to extend his stay from Nov 25 and add 2 more months so his stay is until Jan 25, 2019. 

So we agreed just to complete his existing reservation so the airbnb calendar sees he completed his trip and unlodges his account so he can rebook a new reservation for his next 2 months stay on same day he checks out. 

25th Nov Sunday was the day for this. I accepted his booking request but couldnt modify the pricing on my phone app. i wanted to give him a discounted rate that's different from the new rates airbnb quoted him. 

Now, When i try to click a special offer, the button works and launches the special offer window then it says those dates arent available but im talking to the same person with whom ive accepted the booking request of. So the payment request was sent to him and there's 9 hours left until it expires. im curious if its because its already the 26th now  almost 5 am and im caught in calendar / time glitch?

Guest send me a random message at 3 am and is asking me to cancel the booking confirmation but im afraid that'll affect my hosting status, im curious if he lets the confirmed booking request expire i feel he's not gonna get charged. he's already still in my condo. Kindly help!

so.pngairb.png

1 Reply 1
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Karlo11

if he sent you BOOKING REQUEST and you ACCEPTED then his booking is already done and paid. You can't send him special offer any more.

If you want to give him a discount then you can use resolution center and send him back  the difference between what he paid and what you wanted him to pay. Or just refund him the difference in cash. Either way you should wait another day until you actually receive the rent for the first month. For the second month you will receive it the next month.

If he sent you an INQUIRY and you PREAPPROVED then you can send him special offer and then he can pay the sum you agreed to.