Special reservation preferences

Kathy291
Level 2
Saskatoon, Canada

Special reservation preferences

We will be away for 6 weeks and I would like to set my calander in advance for a long term stay for that period of time only. Is there any way to do that just for a certain time period without affecting the rest of my calendar. 

7 Replies 7
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Kathy291,

You can set a different minimum nights' stay for a specific period of time.

Go to your calendar and click on "Availability settings". Then click on the "Edit" button for the "Trip length" section.

You can then click on the "Add a custom rule for seasons or specific dates" link. Then click in the "During" box and choose "Specific dates" to set your own custom period. Enter the minimum stay you want and click on "Save" and then on "Save" again.

The minimum stay will apply to any checkins made on a date in the set period. If someone checks in the day before the period starts it's possible for them to stay for just whatever your normal minimum stay period is. To stop this you can block the day before the start of the set period.

Steve.

Steve I have another question.. Is there a way to set the maximum stay just for a certain time period.  I don't want my maximum stay in my calander changed except for a certain block of time. For example my calendar is set for a maximum of 8 days but for November I would like it set for a minimum of 8 days and a maximum of 30 days.  Is this possible? 

Kathy291
Level 2
Saskatoon, Canada

Steve! Thank you. 

Im happy I wrote in. I actually called Airbnb help and was told there was no way to do this. 

I followed your instructions and I’m all set. 

Thanks again. 

Kathy 

@Kathy291. You do mention that there will be fresh towels and linens at your house. For a longer term rental, you will want to discuss how they clean their towels, etc. Same wth the shampoo/conditioner, i.e. they might just get enough to get them started.

Just minor issues where long term and short term are a bit different.

When I offer my space for longer term, the terms and conditions are so different that I create a second listing. No need for that with your space.

Thank you Susan! Great recommendations 

@Kathy291  Also you need to make sure someone is available in the event the guests need something or there is problem during the long term stay. 

Kathy291
Level 2
Saskatoon, Canada

Yes of course! Thank you