St. Louis Missouri Hosts Meetup?

Lynne4
Level 2
St. Louis, MO

St. Louis Missouri Hosts Meetup?

Hi - My city is not listed in the dropdown, yet there are many hosts here.  I am interested in particular in meeting other hosts in my neighborhood (St. Louis, Missouri - the Central West End) for support, etc. 

How does one go about getting that started or creating a meetup?  If anyone in St. Louis city is reading this, I'd love to meet with you too -but most specifically I have some neighborhood related questions and interests.

I can't even seem to post a question (or have done it several times) because every time I post it wipes my category and tells me to select one.  (I've tried lots!!)

Thank you!!

Lynne

29 Replies 29
Thomas54
Level 1
Imperial, MO

Let me try this... I'm also a very busy host... My place is called "Heavenly Oaks" See us on facebook...

The meetups being mentioned is a nationwide Organization that get people that have similiar interestd together... I actually belong tyo over a dozen... My intersts are centered around outdoor stuff... But they have prob 500-600 groups here in stl... All interests...

See meetup/stl

Am trying to rem  but I think ours is meetup/airbnbstl.  

As of may 1st the old host way computer module dissapera... The meetup is replacing

Hi Thomas

I am interested in attending and networking with the group of Airbnb Hosts. I am a Host in St Louis North City, and would like to know if you could update me on the dates of the Hosts meeting again for Fall 2018, Oct, Nov or Dec. Thanks

Shannon52
Level 1
St. Louis, MO

Hello-

I also am looking for a STL city "Hosts" group. I am right next to the CWE and have researched taxes, zoning, etc., but would really like some advice from some other city hosts.

Thanks!

I would love to talk with you about taxes, licenses, insurance issues. We have contacted the city but are confused about the process.

Hi, I spent a couple hours in the city hall trying to find out information about taxes. After talking to 4 people I got some answers. I will be happy to share. We can meet for coffee and chat

We would love to chat! Can you email some dates/times your available? [Personal information hidden for safety reasons - to use the direct messaging function here in the Community Center, hover over the post profile photo and click 'Send Message']

Hi Fernanda,

can you explain me how to process the occupancy permitt from city

St Louis City will be having town hall meetings on Airbnb hosting.

Search "town hall" for all details, but here are the dates/locations:

24-MAR-2018 10am - noon - St Mary Magdalen School - 4924 Bancroft (@ Kingshighway)

4-APR-2018 6:30 to 8:30 PM at the Schlafly Branch of the St Louis Public Library (225 N Euclid). 

Hope you are still hosting and can attend a meeting.  

Hi Shannon, I am a Host in St Louis North City, not far at all from CWE, did you find a group to join? If so would you please foward me current information. If not perhaps you and I can start one. Thanks let me know.

Fernanda110
Level 1
Saint Louis, MO

HELLO,

How do I collect taxes in MO?

Hi guys! I am wondering if you ever were able to establish a meet up group. I would love to have some support with understanding the laws around here.

No Meetup groups that I am aware of it.

We are also interested

I've been a SuperHost now for 3 years and would love to network with other hosts in the City of St Louis and surrounding areas.  I would be happy to host a get together at my house on the patio.  I know we can't provide personal information here because Air blocks it.  My home is called Urban Garden Retreat.  I'm interested in finding out also about upcoming legislation changes regarding taxing us as commercial, collecting room taxes etc.  Right now we are not required to collect room taxes but you are required to report your earnings to the IRS and pay income tax on that.