Star reviews

Dawn227
Level 2
McKinleyville, CA

Star reviews

Has anyone else had guests leave great reviews with 5*'s across the board, then give you a 4* overall with no explanation? It seems to happen to me just often enough to prevent me from ever achieving superhost status. It really drives me crazy! If everything is worthy of 5*s, why on Earth isn't the whole thing? I even had one review that said "This is the best BnB in the entire County!", and do the above. Two of those in a quarter, and you cannot get more than 4.7*, period! Please let me know how you dealt with this situation if it has happened to you. It's terribly disheartening when you work so hard, and Airbnb doesn't even respond when you ask them about it

16 Replies 16
Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

@Tomeka1 what??

None of my reviews were purchased. I never even mention ratings to my guests though sometimes its tempting. Its really not that hard to get good reviews starting out as long as you are doing what you are advertising and being careful to avoid problem guests. And the OP has over 100 reviews so she is hardly just starting out. Her overall score is thoroughly decent. 

Ted307
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

Our place is a lot like yours. It is in our yard. We have chickens AND ducks -- which are actually noisier in the morning! Your place is cuter than our dirt yard in AZ. And in a high traffic location. You have tons of good reviews.

I agree with others here, reduce your occupant limit. We tried 4, too, but that is just too many. Now, we have 3 as the most -- and no children under 12 due to the creek. You could take younger children, but child-proofing is very important.

I have stayed in nice Park Models like yours, they are a great rental. I would tout that, "New Park Model with full kitchen". You will have lots of great reviews. I listed our old vintage "bunkhouse" in the tiny house category, so people will not expect a lot of space! I have stayed in a YURT in your area, for the price you are charging. I would stay in your place in a heart beat, and have stayed in Gold Beach, Or in a very similar place many times. We love to drive the Coast Hwy!

Ted & Chris