Stay Donation Request - Major Cities/Tourist Attractions

Kaitie0
Level 1
Victoria, Canada

Stay Donation Request - Major Cities/Tourist Attractions

Hello Everyone,

I am posting this donation request on behalf of a hospital foundation in British Columbia, Canada.

Our hospital foundation raises funds and awareness to enhance the health and wellness of our community. Since 1988 we have raised more than $140 million for capital projects, medical equipment, and community health programs. Last year, our fundraising gala raised a record $480,000 and was ranked the #1 themed-party and one of the top 10 charitable events by The Province and the Vancouver Courier! This year, we are raising funds to support mental health care with all proceeds going towards a critically-needed mental health unit of 73 beds, located in our brand new residential care facility, slated to open in 2019. 

I'm posting on Airbnb because we just received a generous donation for one of our live auction prizes at the gala: a flight for 2 to anywhere WestJet flies. To be able use this donation, we have to pair the flight with a package - such as a destination accommodation. To use this donation to it's fullest, we would love to provide a stay at a beautiful vacation destination.

If anyone would be willing to donate a stay at their Airbnb rental, or have any other recommendations, we would greatly appreciate it. Please feel free to contact me through Airbnb message.

Sincerely,

Kaitie

4 Replies 4
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Kaitie0  Good cause for sure. Have you asked Hotels for donations of a free stay?  This would seem more appropriate than asking airbnb hosts. A hotel can pretty easily absorb the costs of providing a free stay, plus it would be good for their corporate image. It's a lot to ask airbnb hosts, some of whom are hosting to make ends meet, and who are not generally rich people, to offer a free stay which would not cover any of their hosting costs.

Hi Sarah! Thank you so much for your reply.

Yes, we have also requested donation requests from hotels around the world! I completely understand your point. As we are a charity, we provide all donations with a tax-receipt, so this could help with some of the hosting costs. Thanks!

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

@Kaitie0 Perhaps Airbnb could compensate a host for offering their place? Maybe ask Lizzie here if this is ever done?

That's a great idea Rebecca! I will be sure to do that. Thanks! 🙂