Staying Booked during the Health Crisis

Juan63
Level 10
San Antonio, TX

Staying Booked during the Health Crisis

A few of us continue to host. I believe that we should host, but host responsibly. A few tips I'm using to keep my whole house rental busy. Most guests are local, since most travel is banned from other countries.

Make guests feel safer. Tell guests what you are doing in regards to cleaning and disinfecting.

Provide your guests will disinfecting wipes, cleaners and tissues.

• Show your guests you care, using graphics. Many people don't read details, images make more impact. We've created badges to show our commitment to providing safer spaces.

• I haven't used this tip, but I imagine shifting your title to cater to locals, professionals or medical personal will bring more attention to your listing.

Provide a gift card to a local food delivery service.

• Guests want an escape from all the Coronavirus news, they need activities to do at home. Provide board games, video games, music, coloring books, anything that will keep guests occupied. We have VR Glasses where guests can see San Antonio points of interest in 360 video.

Any other ideas?

3 Replies 3
Juan63
Level 10
San Antonio, TX

*commitment to providing safeR spaces

Ocean50
Level 6
Revesby, Australia

@Juan63 

I just took over the family business and became a host for 4 months, there is no chance I accept any failure and run this business to the ground even at this situation. So anything I can think off to sell our properties I do it all.

- I read it somewhere that healthcare is the biggest employed industry in Australia and I know during this time they will have work more and travel more. So I target them, bought some cookies and at lunch time I turn up to our local hospitals, hand out cookie and my property's flyer to nurses and doctors until yesterday they don't allow me to do this anymore due to extra restriction from the government.

- One of the hardest thing to buy in life is loyalty, that means in a good time I can do literally anything for my customers and they wouldn't truly appreciate it. You leave a gift basket worth 50% the amount booked, and they would be "very nice from the host but off course I am entitle to this, I paid for this". But at this time when everyone is nervous and believe in the crap the media is spreading, I could buy my previous customer's loyalty with a "how are you doing?" email and some toilet papers, hand sanitizers worth $20 - $30. When the good time comes back and they have to travel again, most of my previous customers wouldn't ever look at my competitor once.

- I also try to learn photography on youtube, learn how to take pictures in wider lens, lighting setup, editing.

@Ocean50 You evolve or die, that's for sure. Good photography is important for. Luckily for us we have experience in this arena. It can definitely set you apart from the standard Airbnb. I don't like looking like a hotel. Although I would avoid anything like baskets or time consuming extras. Right now, people are not looking for luxuries, just things that make them feel "safe." But of course every market is different and so are the expectations,