Why do I suddenly have no bookings?

Answered!
Marie70
Level 1
Singapore

Why do I suddenly have no bookings?

Hi! 

When we first put up our listing on Airbnb, there were a number of enquiries coming in everyday. But since the last 3-4 days, there's a sudden halt in enquiries.

I wonder if anyone encountered the same issue recently? Is it something wrong with my listing? 

Some enlightenment from other Hosts/Airbnb would be of great help!

Thank you  😊 

1 Best Answer
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Denise710 @Marie70 @Helen19 @Helen427 

Girls, I am now of the opinion this is a glitch in the system and the reason it has not been fixed is because it is smasmodic, it is random and they can't track down where the error is! I don't know this but I suspect it!

I consistently average 10-12 reservations a month, have been doing so for the past 18 months. Even when my total views for the month were down to 320-360 I would still get at least 10 bookings. 

From the last week in March this year, through all of April and into May (Over 5 weeks)  I did not get one new booking....well that is not strictly true I did get 3 bookings as a result of pre-approvals I gave back in February. Apart from that absolutely nothing! At one stage my views page showed 1 new booking for past 30 days

I got onto CX and asked them to check on the status of my listing.....were they seeing something that I was not...or had my account been subject to internal treatment by Airbnb. She assured me all was good with my account and gave me a lot of stats....some that I was not even aware of and she said it must be just seasonal!

Within a day of making that call, all of a sudden the reservations are coming again. I have had 16 Airbnb bookings and 4 Stayz bookings in the past 30 days........

monthly bookings.png

Now at that point, my reaction was CX probably did a bit of resetting and got the booking ship upright again.

But I did have an interesting enquiry though. The guest said he had tried 3 or 4 times to book my listing in that drought period and he could not get past the check-out page. As soon as he tried to submitt for payment, the site said  booking failed, try again later. They waited for a couple of weeks and were about to go somewhere elsewhere and thought they would give the booking of my place one last try and, it went through! It was accepted. I asked him if there had been an issue with his payment method and he assured me there was nothing wrong on his end, it seemed to be an Airbnb problem!

Now fortunately this has not cost me anything, I had plenty of upcoming bookings anyway but I have heard of some hosts here who are being devistated by a sudden lack of business so I suggest keep on badgering CX. The more we get on their backs the more likely we are to try and hget to the bottom of this....what ever it is!

Cheers.....Rob

View Best Answer in original post

204 Replies 204

Hi Dede,

While you're checking everyone else's profile...could I ask you to take a look at ours, please?  We've experienced the same problem. Lot's of enquires at the beginning, however, now we are only getting about 1-2 bookings per month through Airbnb!

Many thanks in advance 🙂

Hi 
All of a sudden I don’t have any bookings. Would appreciate your feedback on how to move forward Check out this amazing House on Airbnb: A cosy *Double Room* 15 mins to Central London, sleeps 1

thanks, Ruth 

Hi Dede

We don't get a lot of bookings and wondered if you would mind giving us some pointers? We only get 1 or 2 guests a month if that. My daughter-in-law is practically booked every night and we live in the same city.

Thanks so much.

Tammy

Hi Tammy -

I haven't seen your listing, however, perhaps location has something to do with this issue.  Is your daughter-in-law's listing closer to downtown, the airport?

Since more folks are hosting,  (lots of competition in Seattle) I change my title and price about 1x per month. The Airbnb website thinks it's a new listing and I get more visibility.  You could try this strategy.  Hope this is helpful.

Helen

Afiqah0
Level 2
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Hi @Dede0, I know this post is old but I just happened to stumble upon it! Would you be so kind to review my listing page please? I have been operating for one month plus now, and used to get inquiries on a daily basis. For some reason, I experience less inquiries for the past week. I really appreciate your tips and tricks on how to improve! Thank you so much! 🙂

Could you give me some recomendation? I registered my apartment few weeks ago and only 1 guest so far :(((

Among0
Level 1
Orlando, FL

I have been doing this for almost a year...it happens. Bookings come in spurts. It is not about you or your changes. It is about the demand dropped. Have confidence and stay the path. This is not like many other businesses, you can't control many aspects of it...especially demand.

When things pick up again, you will be trying to catch your breath!

Kaboo0
Level 2
Pieta, Malta

My bookings have recently gone down . Can you please tell me if anything is wrong

Kaboo0
Level 2
Pieta, Malta

My bookings have suddenly gone down.. Can you please let me know if anything is wrong

Kaboo0
Level 2
Pieta, Malta

Hello...All of a sudden i am not getting any enquiries or bookings...Can someone give me some feedback on this ..thankyou

ZenHomes0
Level 10
Singapore

@Marie70 your listing looks great. Is it new? It could be because when you first listed, Airbnb prioritises your listing in the search but after a month or so the honeymoon period ends. 

Simone49
Level 2
Mundarlo, Australia

Well it's nice to konw I'm not alone...we have had consistent bookings three days a week for six months...then from last week...bang, nothing. Admittedly we received two not so favourable reviews and there's not been a single booking since. I wonder if our luck and good fortune has run out? It just seems so strange. If anyone would like to look over my site and give me some advice I would be happy to do the same.

Eric104
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

I have only been operating a few weeks and was filling up nice and fast. I have 3 reviews (hopefully 2 more will trickle in this week) - all  extremely positive. But I have 2 almost completely open weeks at the end of July and the start of August. When I search my area I notice that my place is priced MUCH lower than the majority of other open listings. I was going by what airbnb said to charge and then went up a little after I got the onslaught and a few good reviews. I haven't had a single inquiry in 3 days. Is it possible I am charging too LITTLE? Maybe people think my place is a dump or "too good to be true" or something even though it's pretty great as you can see by the pictures and reviews. Anyone want to take a look at my profile and give me some feedback. It's so weird when the bookings/inquiries come to a halt like that. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Thanks.

Lila-And-George0
Level 3
Athens, Greece

@Dede0

Hello!

As I have a severe slow down on bookings and it is high season in Greece, would you please spare some time to take a look to mu=y listing 

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/5743628?

to tell me if there is sth to in a better way

Thank you

Lila

here B&B used to be very good for us. We did quite a few bookings a couple of years back but since I've had to cancel a couple of bookings we don't seem to get much traffic anymore. In fact each month we are getting seem amounts of hits on the listings as we do in one day that's a competitor site