Why do I suddenly have no bookings?

Answered!
Marie70
Level 1
Singapore

Why do I suddenly have no bookings?

Hi! 

When we first put up our listing on Airbnb, there were a number of enquiries coming in everyday. But since the last 3-4 days, there's a sudden halt in enquiries.

I wonder if anyone encountered the same issue recently? Is it something wrong with my listing? 

Some enlightenment from other Hosts/Airbnb would be of great help!

Thank you  😊 

1 Best Answer
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Denise710 @Marie70 @Helen19 @Helen427 

Girls, I am now of the opinion this is a glitch in the system and the reason it has not been fixed is because it is smasmodic, it is random and they can't track down where the error is! I don't know this but I suspect it!

I consistently average 10-12 reservations a month, have been doing so for the past 18 months. Even when my total views for the month were down to 320-360 I would still get at least 10 bookings. 

From the last week in March this year, through all of April and into May (Over 5 weeks)  I did not get one new booking....well that is not strictly true I did get 3 bookings as a result of pre-approvals I gave back in February. Apart from that absolutely nothing! At one stage my views page showed 1 new booking for past 30 days

I got onto CX and asked them to check on the status of my listing.....were they seeing something that I was not...or had my account been subject to internal treatment by Airbnb. She assured me all was good with my account and gave me a lot of stats....some that I was not even aware of and she said it must be just seasonal!

Within a day of making that call, all of a sudden the reservations are coming again. I have had 16 Airbnb bookings and 4 Stayz bookings in the past 30 days........

monthly bookings.png

Now at that point, my reaction was CX probably did a bit of resetting and got the booking ship upright again.

But I did have an interesting enquiry though. The guest said he had tried 3 or 4 times to book my listing in that drought period and he could not get past the check-out page. As soon as he tried to submitt for payment, the site said  booking failed, try again later. They waited for a couple of weeks and were about to go somewhere elsewhere and thought they would give the booking of my place one last try and, it went through! It was accepted. I asked him if there had been an issue with his payment method and he assured me there was nothing wrong on his end, it seemed to be an Airbnb problem!

Now fortunately this has not cost me anything, I had plenty of upcoming bookings anyway but I have heard of some hosts here who are being devistated by a sudden lack of business so I suggest keep on badgering CX. The more we get on their backs the more likely we are to try and hget to the bottom of this....what ever it is!

Cheers.....Rob

View Best Answer in original post

204 Replies 204
Mel37
Level 2
Surfers Paradise, Australia

Hi Glen...Im having the same thing...I am always very busy and then nothing for a few months....Very odd!....would love your feeback....[personal information hidden-hover over photo image to send a Direct Message]

Celia63
Level 2
Sassafras, Australia

Hi the Mel

Im Shellie from Dandenong Ranges in Victoria.

Im in the same situation you were in a few months ago.

How it it going for you now.

I quit booking because the fees made it less expensive to stay in a hotel.  AirBnb is no longer competitive in a lot of markets.  Unless your traveling in a group.

Colette52
Level 1
Carryduff, United Kingdom

hi,

yes I have had no enquiries in a about a month.

I think people have been put off airbnb because of the ID verification.

Its just extra hassle people could n't be bothered with.

Colette

Views and bookings are low in the whole area. I've contacted owners that use to have like 90 days booked per year and the are complaining about the same thing again. Maybe Airbnb has changed their algorithms used to showcase properties.Maybe you have to use instant booking-smart price while being a superhost. I don't know

Hi Cottotte 

Our bookings just stoped out of the blue a few weeks ago.

After excellent bookings for almost 8 months.

How are you going now?

I was told today from an airbnb agent, it's up to the host 

as to the ID thats required ?

Yes. The I’d verification requires your drivers license number and after my identity was stolen using this I refuse.  It was a “hassle” to to clean up the mess it created for over two years.

Celia63
Level 2
Sassafras, Australia

Hi Glen

How are your booking going now?

My bookings have suddenly stopped after 8 months of constant bookings.

Shellie Sassafras Victoria.

Dede, Can you check my profile please?

Anisa0
Level 2
Prague, Czech Republic

Hi Dede,

The same thing is happening to me? Would you please have a look at both of my listings? Thanks in advance

Anisa0
Level 2
Prague, Czech Republic

Hi Dede,

I am having the same issue. Would you please have a look at both my listings. Thanks in advance

Marie-Claire6
Level 1
Brighton, United Kingdom

Hello,

I am also having the same problem! I've only been listed for a fortnight - the first week lots of bookings and now Nothing. I had one lady last night message to say she was having problems trying to book? Please could you take a look if you get a minute, you are inundated with requests! Many thanks in advance,

Marie-Claire. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Marie-Claire6

I've had a quick look at your place and here is my feedback. Brighton like many tourist spots in the UK is seasonal in terms of peaks and troughs. Speak to Brighton Tourist Board and see how they can help you think about how to promote your listing outside of BNB to drive traffic/bookings.

When you started BNB would have given you a boost which would account for the flow of bookings, now the tourist season in your area has died down and you no longer have the boost to your listing.

Be realistic - you aren't within walking distance of Brighton City Centre and have a cabin so this will limit those wanting to stay with you, plus Brighton has loads of airbnb spaces. Plus you are in the low season.

However you can do somethings to help yourself - I  would say dress your place a little better - flowers, drawings, candles,  show the coffee and drinks you provide so people imagine themselves at your place. Make up the bed in the pictures so guest can picture it as a sleeping area - at the moment it looks like a day bed.

Best of luck

PS Paint a picture of the sort of people who are likely to enjoy staying there and then dress your place accordingly.

Dear Dede,

the first night I posted my first listing I posted a very bad picture of a couch in my flat and I got a 3 day reservation. After that I put new photos and added another lisiting. From that day my first listing is stuck and believe me its in a perfect loaction and its really beautiful inside! I dont understand why no one wants it or is there a problem or a mistake I did!

Kind regards,

Albin

K19
Level 1
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

@Dede0. could you check my profile also.

appreciate your response. 

I have been going good. guests love the place and even my family. 

Summers are little less of tourist but you would have a trick. 🙂

Please tell me. 🙂