Suggestions on Automated Messaging Software

Suggestions on Automated Messaging Software

If any of you are using software / tech / website tool to automate your messaging with guests, can you please provide your recommendation along with pros & cons? Thank you!

24 Replies 24
Damir0
Level 10
Rotterdam, The Netherlands

Hi @Anthony-and-Kelly0,

Interesting question. The are numerous companies offering this kind of SaaS, software. It can be confusing or very pricey. Personally, I tried two of the most popular apps. 

AvivaIQ

• Easy to set up

• Free, may not be so anymore entirely

YourPorter

• Native iOS and Android apps

• Highly customizable 

• Full of extra features 

• Minimum subscription cost from €5 per month

To other hosts using this category of software; please share your experience.

Wherever you go, there you are.

Thank you Damir. YourPorter looks interesting. Since my post yesterday, I am digging into Smartbnb which is looking good and testing out well.

Damir0
Level 10

Hi @Anthony-and-Kelly0@Mark26,

Smartbnb is one I came across too. Unfortunately, at this moment there is no native app for iOS or Android. It’s web only, which is not per se something which is bad, although native apps are more optimized and allow for notifications and many other advantages.

hi Anthony, are you using YourPoter? How is it working out for you? I am interested in switching to YourPorter. I currently use SuperHostTools. 

More specifically on Smartbnb:

+ Can personalize automated messages

+ Can edit any queued message if you want to add a personal tough (e.g., 'Happy Anniverary!' or something like that)

+ Has an AI feature to anticipate and answer commonly asked questions

+ Pretty easy to set-up

+ Quick responses on my set-up questions, even during this holiday week

Damir0
Level 10

Hi @Anthony-and-Kelly0@Mark26,

Sounds good, I believe there are more good options for this type of software.

AvivaIQ is not as advanced as YourPorter or Smartbnb, it’s still in beta though.

@Damir0 have you tried https://superhosttools.com? It's free and I've been using them for over a year and couldn't be happier.  

Dirk26
Level 2
Sant Just Desvern, Spain

Any update on YourPorter or any similar software? I just discovered these apps and would like some help choosing the correct one

thanks

dirk

Mark26
Level 10
Melbourne Beach, FL

Gosh.  That sounds fabulous.  Some sort of Automatic Message Application that just takes care of communicating with my guests for me, so I don't have to.  Don't get me wrong.  I love the money. But if I could just find a way to be in the hospitality business, without having to actually be hospitibale, that would be so cool.

Hi Mark -  That's actually not our intention at all. We would never use anything that isn't highly customizable and personal. We very much care about our guest's experiences, why they are there, what they care about, what they're celebrating, etc. We're just looking for tools that make it easier to manage multiple listings while still providing a personal and high touch guest experience. Even with tools, this still takes time and attention to listen / read / hear what's important to people and respond accordingly. 

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. YES!!!

I want a tool that reads guests messages and responds to them without me having to get involved.  I'd also like a tool that will stand there and listen to the stories about the grand kids, and the cats, and the time they flipped the sailboat on the freeway on their way to the marina.  If I could find a tool that would yell at the neighborhood kids and drunken fishermen to get the hell off my lawn before I call the cops, that would be a bonus.

No. No. wait...

If I could find a tool that yells at kids and drunk fishermen to get the hell off my lawn, and then turns on the sprinkler system?  THAT would be blanking fabulous.

Damir0
Level 10

@Anthony-and-Kelly0 @Mark26

I believe that it should be a tool to make hosting more efficient and to offer timely and customized information to guests and hosts, without compromising any personality in one’s hospitality standards. It should never disconnect either guests or hosts from the entire experience. 

@Damir0 ... completely agree with everything you said! Thanks much.

Hi @Anthony-and-Kelly0@Mark26, and @Damir0!

I agree that smartbnb.io is the best one on the market. It is part of the system we've designed and integrated for hosts at www.thenewhaus.com. Smartbnb.io is a very flexible software that allows you to achieve a good amount of auto responding on Airbnb.  However, if you want to automate responding on other platforms then smartbnb.io becomes limited. That's why our system provides a holistic approach to all channels, and we also provide you with ideas and implementation support for how to avoid questions, calls, and frustrated guests.  Check us out and feel free to request a demo to learn more.