Suggestions that might help w/ Instant Book issues

CarlandDiane0
Level 10
San Marcos, TX

Suggestions that might help w/ Instant Book issues

Fellow hosts: Since it looks like Airbnb is committed to making Instant Book the default state for booking, I'm hoping they'll consider a few refinements to IB that will allow more hosts to retain a little control over who they host.

I've posted these in Host Voice. It's started to get some traction but from what I've read, a Host Voice posting needs a slew of "Likes" before it goes to corporate for consideration.

If you have a minute, please visit this post and if you agree that these are worthwhile refinements, give the post a Like.

Diane and I really don't want to ditch Airbnb for another platform, and a few refinements to IB could make all the difference. Thanks!

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Host-Voice/If-IB-is-inevitable-consider-2-vital-refinements/idi-p/29...

1 Reply 1
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@CarlandDiane0  While your ideas are good, the issues are not universal.  As you probably know, Air BNB "tests" different changes in different areas.  In my area, the IB pop up gone.  It was there for a while, but now it is back to the way it was.  You can filter for only IB if you choose, but otherwise all listings are shown.  Also, those travelers who don't meet my IB criteria still see my listing as I have gotten inquiries from them.   Perhaps your good ideas are already being tested!!