Suggestions to increase mid- week, non- weekend stays and/ or business travelers?

Megan52
Level 2
Cocoa Beach, FL

Suggestions to increase mid- week, non- weekend stays and/ or business travelers?

Hello, Airbnb friends - 

We are still new to Airbnb and doing really well with weekend bookings. We have yet to receive one mid- week booking, however. I have set everything up to qualify for the business badge however since we're new I need another review (or two) before qualifying but everything else is ready. Any suggestions on getting mid- week stays and/ or attracting business travelers? 

7 Replies 7
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

You could try lowering your prices during the week to attract more guests?  Then after you have a few more reviews under your belt, you can see about raising them again?

Brittany1
Level 10
Chicago, IL

HI @Megan52

I agree with @Cynthia-and-Chris1

First of all you should really take a good look at the demand in Nashville and the prices that comparable listings are charging. Then lower your prices to beat the competition. There is generally a lot of demand in Chicago but there are also a ton of Airbnbs! Our two bedroom apartment's ranges from 115 to 250 depending on season and demand. I see you are pretty much always priced at 199. Try playing with price a little bit. 150 plus 25 per guest over 2 or 4? Most of the hosts I know in Chicago keep the base price low but charge for extra guests. That way you aren't deterring smaller groups that think 199 is too much. Good luck!

Thanks so much. I am trying to figure out how to lower my mid- week pricing but haven't quite figured that out yet. 🙂 I love the idea of keeping a base price and adding for additional guests. Thanks so much! 

Hi the “Community Help Guides - Airbnb Community” have some great articles with step by step guides on changing prices setting custom minimum night stay requirement and much more. Check them out here.

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Community-Help/Community-Help-Guides/m-p/23100#M311

Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ

Thank you so much!

Hi @Megan52

You have to do custom pricing in the calendar. You can easily highlight and change prices mid week. Honestly I do all my pricing custom. I go in and pick calendar days and increase or decrease prices almost every day. Supposedly, updating your calendar and altering prices, increases your position in search results thereby increasing traffic to your listing.

Thank you for that! I may have to switch to that.