Summer ends = low reservations? Help!

Lyn13
Level 3
San Antonio, TX

Summer ends = low reservations? Help!

I am in San Antonio, Texas and I am usually pretty full, but these last couple of months have been only half full. 

School started, summer over, so maybe that is why?

Do I lower my rate even more than I already have to try and get more guests?

Lyn
5 Replies 5
Lyn13
Level 3
San Antonio, TX

Any suggestions welcome

Lyn

Try to rephrase you advertisement. Price reduction may not work.

Carol13
Level 4
Salem, MA

I have the same issue where I live. Last year I reduced my rate and still did not get bookings. This year I am keeping it at the same price as the summer. Reducing my rates didn’t seem to make a difference at all. 

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

@Lyn13

Last year, I priced at rock bottom (50% of normal). I had good occupancy and could cover expenses. One bad experience.

This year, I am choosing to travel and do projects.

Jess78
Level 10
Eugene, OR

I was going to rent through December and quit Airbnb, but it’s a head scratcher— I have 0 reservations for December! That’s never happened. I did notice that winter travel tended to book more last minute last year. January and February are usually the slowest months. Last year I closed it off for he lowest month and did upgrades, deep clean, and rennovation. This year I’m looking at renting for sabbaticals and other medium-term rental to get me through the winter. 

I’ve seen a lot of messages about reservations being down on here, and wonder if Airbnb reservations are down in general, plus more hosts in the pot. I won’t be lowering my rate just to cover costs. I’ve had bad guests that way and Airbnb wins the fees still and you’re down. I’d rather not line their pockets at my expense. I’d rather make other arrangements.