Summer release

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Summer release

We have reviewed the summer release.

When will the categorizing robot be suspended?

Emiel1_0-1653344936436.png

7 Replies 7
Lenore22
Level 10
California, United States

It would be nice if there were at least a way for hosts to have input in how they are listed. Seems a recipe for disaster with listings miscategorized, guests disappointed...

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Emiel1 The robot will be switched off on the earlier of

a) The IT people saying they can't make it work or

b) The accountants saying the drop in bookings will cause a share price drop.

'a)' above will never happen as IT people will never give up. Lets see if 'b)' comes to pass or if bookings have just moved to other hosts.

@Mike-And-Jane0     Of course, one only needs one night at $8000 to replace 80 nights at $100, or 160 nights at $50. 

Goodbye small hosts...

"Goodbye small hosts" seems to sum it up! If it was due to some shortsightedness in planning, or unexpected glitches, and Airbnb was expressing that they hear us, and care, I could be more patient, but I simply don't see any evidence of Airbnb hearing or caring about the concerns of hosts' with small places whose bookings halted without warning.  

Robin129
Level 10
Belle, WV

Has anyone tried tweaking their listings and logging views after? 

---> That's how I look at most guests, like cousins. And you know, some of those cousins are kooks.
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Emiel1 

Emiel, robots still need to be programmed, you can't blame silicon chips and semiconductors for fulfilling their task!

In the first instance you have to blame those who wrote the program for not doing cause and effect.......

12234880_1154966894531535_1613302560215595178_n.jpg

But in the final analysis you have to blame the hierarchy that is continually putting pressure on those below for upward results from meaningless changes.......

funny-satirical-evolution-charles-darwin-day__701.jpg 

Cheers.........Rob

Mrs-K--Guidry0
Level 2
United States

Do any of you have any suggestions to help reinvigorate bookings? Ive updated all of my listings and tweaked them to be more prominent in searches. It’s only been 2 days so still waiting to see if anything changes. Anything worked for anyone else?