Super Host Status is delightful

Mwai0
Level 3
Nairobi, Kenya

Super Host Status is delightful

My name is Mwai Kihu of Kepro Farm, Nairobi, Kenya.  This  is our (with my wife Ann Mwai) 4th hosting year. Our listings are Karen View Retreat and Karen South View.

We have been super hosts for 3 years continuously now. Airbnb has given us the US $ 100 accommodation award 4 times, encouraging us to travel more than we would have traveled otherwise.

We have enjoyed hosting immensely for more reasons than income. We have hosted guests from more than 20 countries which means we have new friends in all these countries because most of our guests end up being high value friends by the time they check out. We have free accommodation offers from our guests in several countries.

We have a five-star rating. We thank Airbnb for existing, listing us and sending us quality guests who become friends.

I have come to realize that social-cultural tourism is of higher value than mere sight-seeing tourism. Guests love our evening conversations where we discuss Kenya, their countries and the world as we enjoy food that we grow on our farm. We also help them plan their onward journeys and at times we take them ourselves to Kenya's tourist attractions around Nairobi and beyond.

Kind regards,

Mwai

13 Replies 13
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Beautiful posting, @Mwai0 .  Thank you.

I thank you very much Linda.

You now know your host when you venture to Nairobi, Kenya.

Michelle1709
Level 4
England, United Kingdom

@Mwai0 

Hi Mwai

I hope to get the chance to stay with you one day. Looks like a lovely place to be.....

Hi Michelle.

Please change that hope into a promise. Which part of England are you from? I know a bit about the country. I was once a citizen of Bradford and Coventry. I went to the University of Bradford some time in the last century.

Mwai

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Mwai0 ,

I grew up in Rugby and spent a lot of time in Coventry! Small world, eh? Lovely to meet you and have you here on the CC.

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Michelle1709
Level 4
England, United Kingdom

I’m in London for now.  I promise if business picks up x

What did you study Mwai?

B.Tech. in Textile Science and Technology 

Michelle1709
Level 4
England, United Kingdom

Oh cool! Are you at the design or testing end?

Wow, if you are talking about textiles, I am no longer in that area. That was over 40 years ago.

Mwai0
Level 3
Nairobi, Kenya

Very happy to hear from you Stephanie. It surely is a small planet.

Juan2891
Level 2
Hanoi, Vietnam

So Beautiful

So is your place.

Congratulations!!

Judy861
Level 2
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Hallo ,Judy Kamau is my name ,a resident of Dubai UAE ,And a new Host in Kenya, Kiambu, Ruaka.i  just started this business in may 2022.and looking to connect with great Nairobi Community Hosts to kick start my business .