Super Host - Trips Reviewed

Beth218
Level 3
Chester, United Kingdom

Super Host - Trips Reviewed

I am a superhost but likely to lose this status because my trips reviewed has fallen below 50%. I review all guests however its out of my control to get them to leave a review for me! I think this criteria is unfair. One reason why my % is so low is that I’ve had a regular guest staying mon-fri for 6 months. I have reviewed him every week but it would seem excessive to get him to leave reviews every week. Hosts are being penalised for something which is out of their control! Has anyone else had this problem? 

21 Replies 21
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Beth218  There is a large amount of discussion on this already- do a search on this site. Hosts are unanimous in agreeing that this is absurd, we have no control over such a thing except to educate our guests in how not leaving a review affects us. Someone on another thread said he had talked to airbnb and they said they are reconsidering this. How they ever considered it in the first place is beyond comprehension. Do fill out a feedback form on the main site to protest this- the more airbnb gets bombarded with hosts pointing out how nonsensical this is, the better.

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Beth218

I have a twice-a-month, four-night stayer. It takes him seconds to leave a review and, such is our relationship, it isn't a big deal for him. 

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

There are major issues with the review system, this is just one of them.

As an aside a repeat customer should be a guaranteed sourcce of good reviews.

David
Crystal3
Level 3
Eliot, ME

0% Reviews for Superhosts ??

Today we received our updated criteria for Superhosts and it stated we have 0% Reviews according to Airbnb. We always leave reviews and probably 90%+ of our guests leave reviews.

Has anyone else had this show up on their Superhost criteria for the first half of 2018? Little concerned because the closing date for Superhosts is this week.

J&C

Eliot, ME, USA

@Crystal3  It's a programming issue AirBnB has been informed, they are working on it. I posted about it in the Help Forum earlier today. They appear to have misplaced or lost everyones reviews for the Opportunity Tabs of SuperHost, Family and Work Collections lol...

Iee0
Level 2
Monkston, United Kingdom

I got the same and have no idea how this was calculated!!!

I have the same problem. Have reviewed all guests since we started hosting on Airbnb and almost all my guests have left a review so was a bit disappointed that I suddenly couldn't get the superhost status 😞 Hope this is an error, have been working really hard to achive this.

i just saw that we have this same problem! All our guests we've hosted recently have left us reviews and ~90% in our entire hosting timeframe have done so as well and still we're showing 0 Trips reviewed! Should we call into airbnb to leave feedback? Or what action can we take to ensure this doesn't cause us to lose our superhost status?

Forrest1
Level 2
Wellington, New Zealand

I'm pleased I found this post ...I assumed that as I have just achieved superhost status, yet 'Trips Reviewed' showed 0% under the ominous 'What to work on' heading, I figured (wrongly as it turns out) that as we have reviewed all of our guests, Airbnb was 'blackmailing' us to stay with other hosts and leave reviews in order to retain superhost status. 

I've now looked at my dashboard again, and Airbnb seem to have resolved the issue, and I'm now correctly showing as exceeding the target for this.

@Forrest1   Yes, I have found my stats randomly changing based upon nothing. One day it said 60% trips reviewed, the next it said 71%, then 100%, then back to 71%. All this even though I had all dates blocked during that period because I myself was on vacation, therefore I had no new guests who could have reviewed me. 

I'm going to take a screenshot of my Stats page so I can send it to Airbnb, along with a screenshot of stat changes based on nothing, if it happens again. Their computer system is  seriously flawed and I'd be really choked if they decided to withdraw my status based on their erroneous numbers.

Peter1717
Level 1
Crudwell, United Kingdom

over 95% (21/22) of my guests have left reviews (all 5*) yet the dashboard shows this as 31% and something I must work on in order to achieve superhost status!

Yes I just noticed the same thing on my account. I was one review away from Superhost status and now it says I only have 14% reviews. Actually 100% of my guests have reviewed so far. Also, I was in the Work Collection and now it says I have 1 review total and I need 4 more to qualify. And a 3rd thing, I was in the Family Collection as well and that has disappeared completely. Does anyone know what’s going on? 

Can't Airbnb rate the guests too? For instance: if they don't leave a review, they can't Instant book another trip. There needs to be a "Super Guest" rating with rules about percentage of reviews.

The only time I haven't left a review was when I had to cancel and didn't stay. I told the hosts to use the money to treat themselves to a nice dinner rather than refund me (The conference decided to put us all in a hotel so I figured I still came out okay).

On the glitch today:
I did get quick response today from Airbnb customer service saying that everyone is reporting the ratings glitch and it will be fixed in 24 hours. I tried to "book" my place as a family and it didn't show up. But my neighbors did. Kind of maddening - but oh well. I've been busy this month so can't complain.

Clint-and-Kendall0
Level 3
Daytona Beach, FL

Wow, Beth, that is quite a unique situation that you have with the guest who has been staying Monday-Friday for 6 months. I agree that it would be overkill to ask the guest to leave a review each week. If I were in your situation, I wouldn't ask such a guest to leave a review each week either.

However, on the bright side, the main advantage to being a Superhost is that it makes your listing more attractive to potential guests, but you already have a regular guest Monday-Friday every week. In other words, in your situation, being a Superhost is only helping you book guests on Saturdays and Sundays. I have a feeling in your situation the difference between being a Superhost or not is probably negligible.

If your regular guest ever stops staying so consistently, then once again you will have an opportunity to get new guests on a regular basis who can leave reviews for you, and hopefully regain Superhost status quickly. Either way, I think you'll be in good shape. Hope things continue to go so well for you!