Super Host status

Mark248
Level 1
Ann Arbor, MI

Super Host status

I'm still fairly new at hosting, but have been working to attain all of the requirements for

Super Host status.  According to all of the metrics, I have all the necessary pieces for that

status, and had them by the last deadline on October 14, 2016.  I just checked my stats

page and even though I have met the criteria, there is a note that says I haven't and that

the next evaluation period will be in January 2017.  Anyone else had similar issues?  I can't

seem to find any contact info for AirBnb to talk to someone about it.  Any help or advice

is greatly appreciated!

8 Replies 8
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

I think you would need to have 10 reviews to meet the criteria.

nothing is mentioned about 10 reviews as a qualification criteria

@Meeta7 this post dates back to 2016, a lot has changed since then.

Sam102
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Exactly the same problem - frustrating when you've worked hard to attain the status and then it tells you that you haven't?! A couple of years back you could contact Airbnb directly - no chance now! One thing I would say, is check that you reach all the criteria in the last evaluation period as opposed to the total time you've been on Airbnb - that caught me out once...but not this time!

Margaret64
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

As far as I am aware, the deadline was 01 October 2016 and those who qualified would be notified by 14 October 2016. 

Good luck whatever happens. 

The relevant link says you would need to do 10 trips (host 10 guests) during the year (presumably with reviews and ratings). This time around the year would be October 1st till October 1st if I understand correctly.

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/829/how-do-i-become-a-superhost

It also says "during the past year . . ." I believe we had to have our listing up a full year before superhost status kicked in, despite all the other metrics being on track.

Margaret64
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

You dont have to have been hosting for a year to be a Super Host. I received mine after three months.