Super host criteria

Paul41
Level 4
Liverpool, United Kingdom

Super host criteria

The next superhost assessment is April the first.  To qualify again I need to have had 100 nights booked in the previous year. I currently have hosted 68 nights. When my current guest leaves on March the 15th  this will become 96 nights hosted.  I have accepted a booking mid march for 31 days . I have been informed by customer services that this will not count for the superhost assessment because the booking finishes after April the 1st.  So if the booking was  between  6 days and 17 days I would make superhost but as it is I don't.  If I cancel the latest booking and wait for another I will probably retain superhost status 

I am just really frustrated with the inflexibility of the criteria. 

8 Replies 8
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Paul41  I don't know if you are aware, but the number of nights booked (and BTW the criteria is 100 nights OR 10 bookings in the past year) has been being waived as Superhost criteria for about a year now, due to the fact that many hosts have had few bookings due to COVID travel restrictions, or in the case of home-share hosts, many haven't been able to be open at all for the past year, as it isn't safe to share common spaces.

I have no idea for how long they will continue to waive the # of nights booked/# of stays booked, but hopefully until travel is back to normal. Otherwise lots of us are going to lose Superhost.

Paul41
Level 4

Hi Sarah  In the uk the criteria for superhost have only been waived until April 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Paul41  That's not just a UK thing it's global. Likely they will extend this again in April. 

@Paul41  As I recall, the announcements of waiving it for the past year were only made a couple weeks before each quarter.

Paul41
Level 4

@Sarah977 that's good to know. I was trying to be pro active and sort things before the april deadline. 

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Paul41 

You can click here: https://www.airbnb.com/performance/superhost to check on whether or not you are currently maintaining your stats for Superhost status. On the nights/stays hosted criteria notice the OR.

I have no idea how much longer they'll extend the waiver of that criterion, but the last announcement about it was updated just 2 days ago. And the dashboard no longer reflects that the requirement is suspended. So if you've had to shut your listing for the whole duration of the pandemic, here's what is displayed: 

superhost.jpg

Germany remains under lockdown until 28 March at the earliest, so this messaging ("hurry up and get 10 stays in so you don't lose your wee badge!") is hilariously ill-timed. It's a really bad look for a corporation to dangle incentives for people to break the law. 

I don't mind losing SH though;  no one should be worried about losing a badge, unless they're a cop.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

"...no one should be worried about losing a badge, unless they're a cop." Hahaha, good one @Anonymous 

Which reminds of the old line - 'We do not need no stinking badges'.