Super host grant

Answered!

Super host grant

Just got the super host invite wish me luck

1 Best Answer
Melodie-And-John0
Level 10
Munnsville, NY

@Roy-And-Patti0 and @Pilar1 , congrats, I hope you get the money.  Im a little far down the line to be in the shortlist but its good to see others that get a chance at it.  Please do let us know if you get it, it shouldn't create a jealous response, we should be happy for you!   Good luck and gods blessings on getting Brians Money!!!!!  (just a little play on the old game show , Win Ben Steins Money"), JR

View Best Answer in original post

36 Replies 36
Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

... But we can STILL be pleased for those that HAVE been offered something @Robbie54 . And of course it's interesting to hear that SOME have....

This is an example of 'undeserved favour' in action. None of us DESERVE a hand out, when we have not provided a service. But Him in Charge chose to favour a random few; and I personally believe it IS random.... 

I don't have a problem with that, not at all. 😄

Pilar1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

In that case why have so many superhosts been asking @Robbie54?

Must admit I didn't know what to do about it so when I saw the post from Roy I decided I should say something too. I know it’s a tricky situation as it looks like most of the fund has gone to hosts that don’t come round the CC at all but I’d be very happy to hear any of the regular contributors has received an invite, getting anything is not yet guaranteed though. 

it has nothing to do with people that comment on the CC. there are thousands of hosts  compared to those who go on the CC. it doesnt make any sense. i think it should not become a conspircy theory.

Charlie84
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Perhaps someone can tell me, is it just pot luck if you get invited to apply?  Also, I see there are different levels of super host status. How do I find out my level and does anyone know if this status has any effect on the lucky dip? Thanks 

@Charlie84 

They give you Level 1 for turning up at this Community Centre. When you’ve turned up and contributed a few times your level increases. The levels here have no bearing on your SuperHost status.

Pilar1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@charlie84, I’ve been wondering that since they announced it as the requirements seemed vague. Will it be just a lottery? I’ve never been particularly lucky at that so I still don’t know why I made the cut and others didn’t but can honestly say it must have been pot luck.
Maybe in the future if more people that got selected declare it in the CC or somewhere else we can work out any patterns, because I doubt we will get any clarification from Airbnb. Anyone  that has asked here has always been directed to the initial post with the announcement or the subsequent updates, but that’s all the moderators can do, they do not work for Airbnb. 
As @Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 said already our level here in the CC has nothing to do with being a Superhost and mustn’t have influenced getting the invite or not. There aren’t different Superhost levels, but the tenured length was announced as a factor at some point; if it helps I qualified around two years ago. 

Melodie-And-John0
Level 10
Munnsville, NY

@Roy-And-Patti0 and @Pilar1 , congrats, I hope you get the money.  Im a little far down the line to be in the shortlist but its good to see others that get a chance at it.  Please do let us know if you get it, it shouldn't create a jealous response, we should be happy for you!   Good luck and gods blessings on getting Brians Money!!!!!  (just a little play on the old game show , Win Ben Steins Money"), JR

Vicky383
Level 3
Hamburg, Germany

I am eligible and I am not pissed off about it. I am happy you have a shot for it. Good luck!

Maia29
Level 10
Anchorage, AK

Good luck! I received my invite at the beginning of May and received the grant on May 12. Airbnb doesn't just randomly choose just any Superhost. They have a preference for those hosts that live in the same building as their Airbnb unit (like a duplex or a house split in half). I used mine to buy a new washer and dryer for guests (just in time because our old one was almost dead). 

Does anyone know if the grant counts as income for your taxes?

@Roy-And-Patti0 yes, you report it as its included in your income. I am just not including it in the TDT - bed tax monthly since no one stayed in connection to the monies.  Congrats!

got it

Pilar1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

It’s been a while since I last posted but also happy to report I was awarded the grant and couldn’t be more grateful. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

So pleased for you @Roy-And-Patti0 and @Pilar1 . Best of luck with everything. 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

THE BEST NEWS @Pilar1  🙂

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines