SuperHost Relief Fund

Faz0
Level 2
Ottawa, Canada

SuperHost Relief Fund

For many years we have been loyal to AirBnb.  We believed in your values and how you treated hosts....until the pandemic hit.

During the pandemic we thought with the millions set aside that some pain would be alienated  (SuperHost Support & Pandemic Cancellation Support). We received a total of $32.00, and we met all the criteria for financial support from the relief fund.

After further analysis, who actually received this grant? We have talked to countless people in Canada and US that met this qualification and received nothing. It’s not about the money, it’s more important that first decisions were made without us, then countless decisions internally that have impacted hosts, then perceived lip service to a major relief fund.  The governance and criteria for selection was vague despite countless follow ups.  

Today I’m calling on @Airbnb to provide transparency with first name, amount, and country of the entire list of individuals who received these funds to all superhosts. This was $17 million dollars and we lost thousands per month to $0, and shocking we weren’t invited for a grant.  We would like transparency if and who received these grants, and more details about allocation. I’ve had enough and it’s time for the honest transparent truth.  Who’s with me?

6 Replies 6
Patty168
Level 4
New York, NY

I’ve gotten  ZERO help from Airbnb so far. I don’t believe in it anymore. 

Esther641
Level 2
Bath, United Kingdom

Also received zero help from Airbnb - super host status except for one single time when I was struck down with flu and had to cancel a booking! Otherwise my history is impeccable but didn't receive a penny in lost earnings.

Jihad1
Level 2
Madaba, Jordan

I have not received anything from Airbnb, I need Airbnb to communicate with me for any clarification regarding grant eligible. 

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Jihad1 No one is likely to communicate with you from Airbnb.

The 'grant' was a publicity stunt, less than 5% - maybe 2% of superhosts were invited to apply. It was a GIFT to that small number of hosts. It was never an 'entitlement' for all superhosts, nor even all those that met the original criteria.

They have probably chosen everyone who will be invited by now, I should not get your hopes up, or you will be even more disappointed. 

Many hosts have asked the same question as you- try the 'search' feature top right to see many comments on this subject.

Laura759
Level 2
Orange, CA

The traveler is preferred over the host. 

Daniel1208
Level 2
Nottingham, United Kingdom

I did think this was a publicity stunt. They shut the doors and.... nothing! As to being invited. How do they determine which superhost they invite and even then how do they know who needs funding. Other 3rd party affiliates have been running to my surprise so I never looked back at airbnb. Then there were open and blocked complications on the calender which allowed a customer to book when I had it all blocked. Nearly cost me my Superhost status.