Superhost $100 credit 2nd year?

Jocelyn9
Level 1
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala

Superhost $100 credit 2nd year?

Hi, does anyone know if you get another $100 credit if you make your second consecutive year as a superhost (ie 8 quarters), or is it just for the first year?

Thanks! 

30 Replies 30
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Jocelyn9 I have no idea, but wanted to say well done to you for staying a Superhost for so long!

@Jocelyn9:

We have received the credit twice.

Steven86
Level 2
Claremont, CA

Oh wow, I was unaware of the $100 superhost bonus! Nice! I was able to get Superhost status at the first review, and have maintained it after the first quarterly check. 🙂 I am hoping to keep it that way. 

Cheers,

Steve

Lana7
Level 4
London, United Kingdom

is this confirmed?  I just received my superhost status for my 2nd year, but have yet to receive the email or a coupon.  Thouh it's written on my "progress" page in my dashboard.

🙂

Lana

Thanks for telling me where to look.  I just looked under progress and then clicked it and then it had a place to redeem the coupon.  You have to redeem it or it won't show up.  Hope that helps.

@Sean--Erica--And-Kendal0

Sean that answer above is not entirely accurate. You can find any credits and coupons you may have at any time by logging on, go to your 'Account Settings' and click on 'Payment Method' !

Underneath the payment method box you will note the section that deals with credits.....as per this screenshot!

Credit and cupon area.png

When you receive a credit or a coupon it will be automatically added to this part of your account settings!

Superhost travel credit is awarded for each year of continuious superhost achievement. I have had 3 now. As soon as you use the credit it will disappear from this section, you can't use part of it....if the credit more than covers the cost of the reservation you do not retain any credit balance, you are deemed to have used the credit!

I hope this helps.

Cheers.....Rob

PS: One interesting thing I did notice, this credit floats with currenct variations! It is not worth as much now as it was when I got it a month ago!

Thank you for the additional information.  I had such a hard time finding it, I'll take whatever options work and hopefully remember them next year.  Thanks.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Robin4

I searched in this section, but my Superhost credit is not showing here. There are no current coupons visible (it's not in the expired coupons either).

I was on the phone to Airbnb about another matter and asked the rep how to see my Superhost rewards. She said you cannot access that page from your dashboard, but have to click the link in the email that was sent about the reward.

If I do that (there is a button 'Unlock your bonus'), it takes me to this page: https://www.airbnb.co.uk/hosting/rewards where I can redeem the reward.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Huma0

Hi there Huma, I know this global thing sucks at times.......you post a question and the answer never seems to come, but that's what happens when some of us play while others sleep!

This year the Superhost rewards are a bit different from the past. Previously the company just attached a coupon to your profile and that was it, but this year they offered bonus choices. You could elect to have either the pound value coupon or you could have professional photography and it required you to make a selection before the coupon was automatically credited to you.

You would have on the anniversary of receiving Superhost status received an email like this.....

Unlock your bonus.png

And clicking that field should have taken you to an option box to access your reward.

The other thing that has changed this year is once you accept your bonus, that triggers the program to, each week, send you one of those silly emails telling you to spend your bonus.  

For anyone who may be a bit unsure of where their bonus resides, this screenshot might help.....

How to see Coupon section.png

I hope you can find this missing bonus Huma....

Have a great Christmas Huma, and I hope next year is spectacular for you!

Cheers......Rob

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Robin4

Yes, I found the bonus, but there was no way for me to use it! Therefore I assumed I wasn't eligable for some reason or other. However, I have been in touch with Airbnb about this and they said that they think it is a technical glitch.

I believe because the bonus is new, they are still ironing out some problems, because everytime I click the button to claim it, the page I'm taken to looks different from the last time, but still doesn't allow me to claim. The last version just kept making me re-enter my password over and over and I never got further than that!

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Does anyone know if the free photoshoot alternative is an option yet, or is that yet to be launched?

When i received the Superhost the first 2 years I got a US$100 credit.

This year i was given a choice between photoshoot or credit. 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Wendy117Thank you. Yes, I realised this was live now. However, I'm not being given that option as I already had a photoshoot for my place when I first listed a couple of years ago. This is really disappointing as I've done lots of improvements since then, including adding two new bathrooms, and was looking forward to my reward of a free shoot.

If one only qualifies for the first shoot, how is this a reward for being Superhost then? The first shoot is free for EVERYONE anyway (providing they are in an area where they are available).

@Huma0I didn't know it was not offered to all Superhosts as a reward.  Are you sure free photoshoot is still offered to everyone now?  I have read quite a few posts stating it is now only offered in certain areas that are not already saturated. Maybe since Airbnb Plus was introduced?