Superhost $100 credit 2nd year?

Jocelyn9
Level 1
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala

Superhost $100 credit 2nd year?

Hi, does anyone know if you get another $100 credit if you make your second consecutive year as a superhost (ie 8 quarters), or is it just for the first year?

Thanks! 

30 Replies 30
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Wendy117Yes, it might have changed as it's been a while since I had my shoot. I did hear from another host that after Airbnb imposed the 90 day rule for listings that were complete units, they were not offering the free photo shoot to them, I guess because it was not worthwhile for a listing that could only be booked 90 days in any year.

I'm still miffed though about not being able to claim the free shoot. It's supposed to be a reward for maintaining Superhost for a year, so how is it even relevant if someone has had a shoot in the past? That's like saying, 'Oh, we gave you £100 travel credit a couple of years ago for something else, so you'll never get £100 credit again, regardless of how many years you maintain Superhost status."

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Wendy117I just spotted in the last host Q&A that the photoshoot isn't free anymore. It says there that you don't pay for it upfront, but that the cost will be taken from future earnings.

So, I guess getting it for free is a Superhost reward. It's stil not helpful though that none of my listings are eligable because I had a shoot in the past. I need to update my photos and if I take the new ones myself, they're just not going to look great next to the professional ones I already have.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I've achieved Superhost status again according to my dashboard, but no email from Airbnb about it and no notification of the credit.

By the way, where has the Credit tab gone? I can't seem to find it now on my dashboard or menu?

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Wendy117At first, the Rewards page was not giving me the option of selecting a photoshoot, but it seems like that might have been a glitch while they were rolling out the new reward as it is giving me an option to request a photoshoot (using my reward as payment method). I have not tried it yet as I have a few improvements I have to make in the house, so I don't know 100% yet if it will work!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Just to add here, you will only see both options if the photography service is available in your area.

If you can see the Superhost travel credit voucher, but not the free photography session, then it is likely it isn't available in your area yet. 

I hope this helps.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Lizzie, thanks for that.

That's probably true in a lot of cases, but I know for a fact that the photography service IS available in London.

Anyway, I spoke to Airbnb about it today and was told that it was just a technical glitch and that I am entitled to my photosession. They said if I had problems when I got around to booking it (I don't actually want it straight away), to contact them directly.

For anyone else who is unsure, it is worth calling CS to ask, because even the reward is not showing up as an option for you on the website, this might just be a technical error and it might still be available.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

By the way, update to this. Although Airbnb told me this was just a technical glitch and that I was entitled to the photoshoot, I just needed to contact them when I was ready to have it (was waiting for Spring to get better photos of the garden), when the time came around, they back tracked and did a U-turn. No, you're not entitled. Sorry we are focusing this reward on new hosts only...

What? Then why are you offering it only to hosts that have been Superhosts for at least a year and charging new hosts for it?

Sarah2569
Level 1
Austin, TX

Hello, fellow Super Hosts! Do you know how I could access information on my very first super host award? The date and year would be great. I can't seem to find an email from that far back. I was hoping maybe through the system. 

Best,

Sarah 

Mark1016
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

where do you go to redeem them? mine appears to have disappeared from my profile. 

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Mark1016 

They should be at the bottom of payment methods if still valid

Thanks for that. where do I find payment methods? Obviously I host a lot and travel little. should I look on my IOS app or computer. Thanks for the help Jess!

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Mark1016 

Log in to airbnb, click your profile photo (top right) choose account from the drop down box and payment methods are on the list

Or if you have the new version:

Log in to airbnb, click your profile photo (top right) choose account from the drop down box and click the payments and payouts box.

Alyassa0
Level 2
Kuala Lumpur, MY

hi guys, i just got superhost after hosting for about 4 months. there doesnt seem to be any email in regards to the bonus. do i have to host for a year before getting it?

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Alyassa0 

Yes, the bonus is only yearly. You have to get Superhost four consecutive quarters in a row to qualify.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Alyassa0 

Hi Alyassa, you will get your $100 US coupon on the anniversary of you achieving Superhost status. 

By what you are saying, you started hosting in the last quarter of last year.....Oct -Dec and by March 31st you satisfied the Superhost criteria and have been awarded the badge! What this means is, on the 31st March 2021 you will receive your bonus.....you will have been a Superhost for 1 year.

It's not an incentive for getting there......it's a reward for staying there!

Cheers......Rob