Superhost Benefits

David59
Level 2
Cashmere, WA

Superhost Benefits

I would hope AirBnB would consider adding benefits specifically for Superhosts. Basically their value to guests demonstrates they are the top tier. I'm not saying all these need to be employed, but here are some suggestions. Feel free to add your own. 

1. AirBnb waves AirBnB fees or discounts AirBnB fees for when Superhosts book rooms with other AirBnB hosts. 
  2. Discounts for Supehosts for other AirBnB listing room fees. 
  3. AirBnB waves the hosting fees for processing (the 3% fee) for Superhosts
  4. Superhost listings go to the top of a group of listings for a geographical area 
  5. Stock options/stock certificates for AirBnB Superhosts
  6. This last one isn't so much of a benefit, but a suggestion. I'm not sure why a Host needs to wait 3 months to be reviewed to be a Super Host. Not all guests review. I have 10 reviews. 5 stars since starting hosting. And it's been about 6 weeks total hosting time. Yet I have to wait until April 1 for another review because I didn't have enough reviews by Jan 1. 10 five star reviews in a row should be enough for Superhost status regardless of the amount of time passed
2 Replies 2

@David

specifically to #6. 

Consideration must be given to areas where bookings are extremely seasonal. In our case (South Lake Tahoe) we have a winter and a summer season. Yet I know of several regions where it's one season and that's it. So if a Superhost gets XYZ five star reviews and secures Superhost status, that should be good enough UNTIL he/she drops from five stars down to an average of four stars (an example). At that time a review is triggered. 

Just my two cents. 

Peter 

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@David59 I like #5, but that won't happen until they have an IPO and go public! Right now Airbnb is privately owned.