Information on Superhost Coupon Validity

Landhaus-Osborne0
Level 5
Obertraun, Austria

Information on Superhost Coupon Validity

Hi,

We received a Superhost travel voucher last year, but have a question regarding how long it is valid.

From the mail we received from Airbnb it stated: "Your travel code expires one year from today"

However, it is not clear if it has to be used to travel within the year, or does it just have to be claimed within a year, but travel later.

i.e. We received the coupon in July 2015, so it will expire July 2016. As we are busy hosts, we can now not travel before July.

So my question is, could I book a later date before our coupon expire, for a stay later in September 2016? Or does the date we stay need to be within the year?

Any ideas?

16 Replies 16
Stephanie849
Level 2
Darlington, United Kingdom

I received a $100 travel credit voucher for my Superhost status award recently and decided to use it against a forthcoming trip in December. Despite following the instructions on how to redeem the voucher against the booking it didn't reflect on the initial deposit. I presumed it would be credited on the final payment but apparently not.

The  advice from the support department has been to cancel the booking and re apply the code as they are unable to do anything from their side. As I know I did it correctly in the first place, I'm loathe to mess the host around with cancelling, re-booking and then not having a guarantee it would be credited.

Have any other hosts had a similar problem?

Stephanie1197
Level 1
Saint Louis, MO

Ok y’all, looks like currently the $100 travel credits expire a year after you’ve received them.  However, there is no longer a section in your account that saves them.  Best approach to not losing your credits is to save the reward email notification and be sure to “unlock” your credits when you receive them. That saves the credits in a list of coupons only accessible through that reward email.  Otherwise they disappear 😞 Hope this helps 😉