Information on Superhost Coupon Validity

Landhaus-Osborne0
Level 5
Obertraun, Austria

Information on Superhost Coupon Validity

Hi,

We received a Superhost travel voucher last year, but have a question regarding how long it is valid.

From the mail we received from Airbnb it stated: "Your travel code expires one year from today"

However, it is not clear if it has to be used to travel within the year, or does it just have to be claimed within a year, but travel later.

i.e. We received the coupon in July 2015, so it will expire July 2016. As we are busy hosts, we can now not travel before July.

So my question is, could I book a later date before our coupon expire, for a stay later in September 2016? Or does the date we stay need to be within the year?

Any ideas?

16 Replies 16
Landhaus-Osborne0
Level 5
Obertraun, Austria

Helllloooooooo....Anyone there????? Can anyone answer my simple question?

I remember the days when we could send Airbnb an email and get a timely response. Now, they seem to avoid all contact 😞

Thought one pf the perks of being a Superhost was that we'd get priority support!!! WHAT SUPPORT!?!?!?

This is the Community Centre, were you will receive replies from fellow hosts. It's not manned by airbnb CS. 

If you want to contact airbnb directly, here is a useful post with all the various email contatcs/phone numbers etc. 

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Community-Help/Contact-Airbnb-UPDATE-A-Community-Help-Guide/td-p/973...

Thanks Natalie, but as (I thought) my question was simple, I should not call the numbers suggested in the post you recommended as it states that the numbers are only for urgent issues.

I do not have Twitter and won't install it just for this single question.

So I am posting here as it states that I should contact the Airbnb's Community Experts and "If they cannot answer your question, they have the ability to re-route you to Airbnb"

So, if the Airbnb's Community Experts are unable to answer this, could they please re-route me to Airbnb please?

so far no-one has answered this question. Would it be possible for a Community Expert to forward this question via Twitter to Airbnb?

Victoria1
Level 2
El Cerrito, CA

I have exactly the same question regarding the $100 travel credit. This is my second year for "earning" this credit as Superhost. I haven't been able to use them yet. I've searched the site and my account for info about current amount and expiration dates, but no luck!

I finally have time to getaway in 2 weeks and hope to use it (hopefully without too much hassle). BUT I can't find their code!

Anyone have any experience with these superhost travel credits?

Thanks,

Victoria

Hi, I finally used mine, but still not sure if they can be used if you book within the year for a later date - or the reservation it self must be within the year.

The code would have been in the email they sent to notify you reached SuperHost status. If you do not have the email, contact Airbnb - as a SuperHost you get priority 'support' - good luck with that 😉

I use superhost credits for stays in the future

@Sharon0, yes, probably easier than using them for stays in the past 😉

Louise87
Level 2
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom

Superhost Coupon?? - I'm a Superhost, but haven't received a coupon. How long do you need to be a superhost before receiving a credit??

If you keep SuperHost status for 4 quarters in a row, then you will be sent a $100 travel credit. Apart from that, that is the only thing worth being a SuperHost for 😕

In my mail it specifies that we have been a Superhost for 4 consecutive periods.

Ibrahim28
Level 1
Gdynia, Poland

@Landhaus-Osborne0I have the same question which you had sometime back, I wonder what was the outcome of it and if you can share with us pls

I didn't really get an answer, well not from Airbnb 😞 However heard from another SuperHost that you have to use the discount code within a year, but the trip can be later than a year.

Wednesday0
Level 1
Becket, MA

Is the coupon valid the date it expires, or the day before that?