Superhost Coupon

Chris1335
Level 1
Winnipeg, Canada

Superhost Coupon

This isn't a question, more of a comment.

I want to let airbnb know how sketchy their super host coupon is. 

I had a 130$ coupon. I used it for a 60$ stay. What I was unaware of and they didn't specify was that its only good for one stay and if you don't use the full amount the remainder just dissapears. Pretty slimey move on airbnb's part if you ask me.

If you really want to give your super hosts a coupon for doing a good job and rewarding them, then don't take the 70$ I worked hard for way because I am only staying one night. 

Wouldn't have used the coupon if I had known. 

7 Replies 7
Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Chris1335

It is buried away deeply about the terms of using it. look;

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1352/my-coupon-code-isn-t-working

• If your coupon has expired, there is no way to re-activate it.
  • Coupons can only be used once. If you cancel a reservation that used a coupon, the coupon is also no longer valid.
  • We only accept coupons issued by Airbnb.
  • If you don’t use the full amount of a coupon, you won’t receive the difference.
  • Coupons can't be applied retroactively.
  • Coupons aren't transferable. A coupon can only be used by the person it was given to.
  • Coupons can only be used for the type of booking they were issued for. For example, coupons for home reservations can't be used for experience reservations.
  • Only one coupon can be used per reservation.

It can't be mission impossible though to leave the unused balance on your account. A lot of goodwill is lost.

Helen80
Level 2
County Kerry, Ireland

Hi I have been trying to book an available listing with my superhost coupon but the response from airbnb is 

Oops, we're unable to complete this booking
Please check your payment details.      can anyone help me get past this. I have not used the coupon before and its valid till mid2019 The listing I am attempting to book is available on the night requested is the coupon only valid for part of a stay??? Please help
Helen

Helen, did you ever figure this out? I’m experiencing the same issue. 

Thank you

Jenna

Helen80
Level 2
County Kerry, Ireland

For example, do I needtofirst bookwith a credit cardand then apply my discount card?

Vanessa469
Level 2
Katwijk aan Zee, Netherlands

Chris I agree wholeheartedly and just experienced the same! I also work hard as a Superhost. I lost 58euro. 

They are totally not transparent, I have another voucher ( not superhost reward) and the conditions are clearly outlined. So that's all the confirmation I need to expose their sneaky practices. They purposely give with one hand and take back with another. If that's how they value me then I am gone! Despicable.

Ryan2309
Level 2
Stonington, CT

I just had an incident where I used my coupon for a reservation and my plans changed so I had to cancel that reservation. Airbnb will not let me use this coupon for any other booking. I attempted to file a support case and they told me the coupon is simply invalid now and it was on me to read the terms and conditions. They had the nerve to ask if there is anything else they can help me with.

1. This is not helpful.
2. A $100 coupon for all the work I’ve done this past year is pretty minimal. Especially with all of these strings attached that limit how it can be used. 

Maybe next year, if I keep all 5 of my listings running smoothly and keep my superhost status, I’ll get to use the coupon?

Susan653
Level 10
Groton, CT

Thanks for raising this issue, Chris. I had no idea that one has to use the coupon in full or lose the balance of its value. I've been a superhost for years and have never redeemed one because I can't afford to even go on vacation. And this brings me to my gripe: I think it well and truly sucks that these already-cheap coupons expire after a year. If I could roll a few of them together for a trip, I'd actually have a fighting chance of of affording a getaway for me and my kids. Instead, they just expire year after year and I feel unrewarded and, frankly, kinda scammed even though no outright scam is being perpetrated.