Superhost Evaluation Timeline - 2019 Q3

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Superhost Evaluation Timeline - 2019 Q3

Hello everyone,

As we settle into October, I’m pleased to say we have reached the next Superhost assessment. We will evaluate your past year’s performance up until October 1st to determine your Superhost status, which will appear on your profile for the next 3 months. 

How will this work:

• Every hosts’ performance will be reviewed between October 1st - 14th. It can take up to 14 days to account for reviews written towards the end of the month as we calculate Superhost status.

• You will receive an email confirming your new Superhost status between Oct 7th - 14th! (So remember to keep an eye out)

• As a reminder, we calculate Superhost status based on a set of criteria, looking back at your past year of hosting activity. There’s no minimum tenure required for becoming a Superhost. 

*Please note, during this time, you may see your dashboard update to the next Superhost 365-day window, which will be assessed in January 2020. If you see this, please don’t worry. Though we track your activity dynamically, we will only be looking at your performance from Oct 1, 2018 through October 1, 2019 for the assessment that’s happening now.

A huge thank you for all your hard work throughout the year and let us know if you have any questions.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

128 Replies 128
Victoria884
Level 1
Mainz, Germany

Write to air b n b to delete a review and why people could be haunting you.

Jeetender0
Level 2
Goa, India

The customer care team is now only taking care of the guests . The host is a big zero for them 

I do know the feeling, I fell like they just crapped on me for a single cancellation which was more software related than personal.  The guest was happy at the end of the day and that is what should matter.  Win, win but no... I lose my rating.

I feel the same!!! Exactly and I feed that back, without hosts what do you have? No guests. Airbnb need to look after the hosts and have some consideration for the parameters for super host status.
sad  

Lori249
Level 1
Middletown, RI

How do you assess when your a seasonal air bnb??

I had a cancellation last year due to no communication from the guest side until the day of arrival except that the guest had booked the place for someone else and hence I had cancelled the reservation, I was new and didn't know any better. I didn't report it immediately but after some time I did. A year from then, on 1st October when I checked my progress my cancellation was below 1 % however I saw a message saying "Everything is looking good, watch out for next assessment on 1st January 2020" Does this mean a wait for another 3 months? 😞 

@Abhi12 You will get the Superhost status within the next couple of weeks if you meet the requirements - so don't worry :-). 

Thank you Sandra 🙂 

@Abhi12  If you look on your Progress-Opportunities-Superhost page, you will see that it now says at the top that what is showing is the stats for Dec.31, 2018- January 1, 2020. You can change the assessment period showing in that box using the arrow there. So if you change it to the period just ended, on Oct.1, 2019, the stats below will change and you'll be able to see if you qualify for Superhost this time around or whether you'll have to wait until January.

I did, I am 1.03 percent cancellation 😞

@Abhi12 @Sarah977  Why can't airbnb not just write how the system works!

Every quarter there is so many hosts who ends up in here asking why they haven't received the badge yet. How hard it be. 

@Abhi12 No one gets the badge Oct. 1. Some hosts got guests who still needs to leave a review for a stay/ guests got like hosts do 14 days to leave a review.

Best, Sandra

Jane627
Level 5
Sarnia, Canada

To Lizzie@airbnb. I am a Superhost whose status was put in jeopardy earlier this year. Airbnb allowed someone else other than the guest to book a 7 month reservation. When the "daughter" eventually got the reservation dates correct there was a huge discrepancy in the price to be paid to me as per my listing. This was the beginning of numerous phone calls to Airbnb to help me fix whatever the problem was. I am a senior "older than 75" who has space in my home to rent out, so I struggle with the technical things and sometimes ask for help. I spent numerous hours in the next three weeks attempting to get this reservation fixed and have the correct price to be paid to me. It never happened, no one at Airbnb ever did what they said they would do and the "daughter" said Airbnb had locked her out of the account. After three exhausting weeks I phoned Airbnb and asked for help in cancelling this reservation. The Airbnb person was the rudest most belligerent and irate individual I have ever spoken with, who berated me as if I was dirt under her feet. I eventually hung up on her, when she phoned me back I hung up again, because I refuse to be treated in this manner by anyone. I cancelled the reservation and my calender was blocked for 7 months. I am sure to lose my superhost status in the coming days and I am still reeling from this treatment. It is ONE CANCELLATION, in allmost 2 years. I currently have a 5 STAR  rating for ALL my listings.

Christine1
Level 10
Glenbrook, Australia

Thanks for this reminder @Lizzie , much appreciated.Hiccup Art by Jennie Deane_Blue Mountains_AustraliaHiccup Art by Jennie Deane_Blue Mountains_Australia

Regards,  from Christine

Wombat's@Glenbrook_Australia

Chastity3
Level 8
Orlando, FL

First time getting Superhost, since starting hosting three months ago.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Well done @Chastity3 !!!!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines