Superhost Evaluation Timeline - 2019 Q3

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Superhost Evaluation Timeline - 2019 Q3

Hello everyone,

As we settle into October, I’m pleased to say we have reached the next Superhost assessment. We will evaluate your past year’s performance up until October 1st to determine your Superhost status, which will appear on your profile for the next 3 months. 

How will this work:

• Every hosts’ performance will be reviewed between October 1st - 14th. It can take up to 14 days to account for reviews written towards the end of the month as we calculate Superhost status.

• You will receive an email confirming your new Superhost status between Oct 7th - 14th! (So remember to keep an eye out)

• As a reminder, we calculate Superhost status based on a set of criteria, looking back at your past year of hosting activity. There’s no minimum tenure required for becoming a Superhost. 

*Please note, during this time, you may see your dashboard update to the next Superhost 365-day window, which will be assessed in January 2020. If you see this, please don’t worry. Though we track your activity dynamically, we will only be looking at your performance from Oct 1, 2018 through October 1, 2019 for the assessment that’s happening now.

A huge thank you for all your hard work throughout the year and let us know if you have any questions.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

128 Replies 128
Esther359
Level 4
Seri Kembangan, Malaysia

Thanks @Lizzie I look forward to the next Superhost assessment! I’ve earned Superhost 3 times in a row since Jan 2019. It's delighted to be recognised by the platform. I can't wait to unlock a bonus when I reach 4 in a row. ^^ 

What kind of bonus might that be?!!!

im still pretty new, and still managed to become a superhost - yay!

Hey, I just received a bonus in the form of $100 Airbnb Credit. That's what I received, not sure if all others get the same or not. 

@Rishabh10, Yes the program is set up to give that out after one year of being a superhost!

They assigned a $100 bonus for me towards my travels or adventures but I cannot find it anywhere on my profile and can’t use it .

its like a mysterious $100.... lol 

go figure 

Dan-Gui0
Level 3
Manchester, United Kingdom

I'm always on the edge as I always get the odd guest that doesn't read my listings description and gives me a negative review... If I get 1 more 4 star review I'm out for the year! 

Thank You

It just means you have to work harder, I find the more special things I do for guests they are less likely to be picky, I stayed recently at a superhost and a doona was dirty plus 4 hairs on the vanity etc but she was very pleasant lady and wavied the cleaning fee on subsequent nights so 5 stars all the way.

@Max144  Sorry, but I disagree. If a guest doesn't bother to read the listing description and arrives assuming that things will be provided that weren't stated in the listing, and then leaves a bad review, a host "working harder" has nothing to do with it. That's the situation @Dan-Gui0  was referring to, not simply overlooking if things aren't perfect as long as the host is responsive.

And most of the host posts on this forum indicate that guests who behave in an entitled manner can't be pleased no matter what, and leave bad reviews no matter how much you bend over backwards trying to appease them.

So if a guest give you a bad review,  What does Airbnb do to help the host?  NOTHING

Absolutely agree with @Sarah977  , 

What of guests who don't understand the meanings of the stars :  5 stars .= as expected for the price based on the listing  not 5 stars = Ritz Hotel.

Or older guests like my Dad who will never give 5 stars to anyone for anything because "everyone can always do better".

Or guests who come with 4 people instead of 2, do not agree with having to pay extra, think you are unreasonable and give you a 3 star if you call them out on it?

No, a guest not doing their due diligence is NOT the host's fault. The fact that hosts can be penalized for a guest's ineptitude is ridiculous.

Paula1026
Level 2
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom

I completely agree with this. I had a guest recently who gave an overall star rating of 4 despite giving 5 * against all categories. When I asked Airbnb if the guest had given a reason why in their feedback the answer was ‘no’ and I would have to ask them  myself. I found a diplomatic way of broaching this with the guest who said I couldn’t have done anything better but?if there was one thing they missed,  it was a TV with Netflix/Spotify. My listing clearly states there is no TV and none of my other guests have allowed this to affect their rating so I think it’s very unfair that the host suffers despite all the other things they  do to make a guest welcome. Moreover, it takes longer for the rating to then go back up - despite 5* reviews all round then it does when one person marks you down. This system of calculating scores makes no sense and should be reviewed by Airbnb so the judgement is fair. 

Thanks for sharing your experience. I have had similar experiences with some guests lately. It's strange because I go out of my way to make sure guests are satisfied. My descriptions are pretty detailed, and everything listed are available in the property. My recent guest gave me 4 star because he feels as a super host I should have refreshment and snacks ready. I was blown by such entitlement. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong in providing refreshment as a complimentary, but I feel it's unfair to rate someone poorly because they didn't provide snacks. I have been a Superhost for 6 consecutive times, and I never had anyone say something like that.The second guy that gave me 4starts overall was mad because they didn't air the second NFL game he wanted to watch. He watched the first game, but the Patriots game didn't air and which I had explain to him that I don't have control over this. I have paid to have those channels. Mind you, I pay extra 15$ every months for NFL sports channel, aside my cable which is 140$ a month. I wish I don't take this too personal, Unfortunately, this affects me emotionally and makes me sad almost the whole day, and even discourages me towards trying too much for future guests if they will end up treating me like this.

I didn't go back and forth with the guest, I'm trying to learn the hard way that I will never be able to please every guest. The sad thing is you will need 4 additional 5stars from future guests to get back on track after someone rates your below 5 star. 

Those guest should stick to hotels with TV, wi-fi,room cleaning every day etc 

BUT , that will cost them MORE than Airbnb . Most guests use Airbnb for the cheaper prices but expect a 5 star hotel quality and because we care about our status and ratings we bend backwards to please them . Too bad .

They probably simply had no clue of the importance or meaning of 5 star review to you.