Superhost Evaluation Timeline - 2019 Q3

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Superhost Evaluation Timeline - 2019 Q3

Hello everyone,

As we settle into October, I’m pleased to say we have reached the next Superhost assessment. We will evaluate your past year’s performance up until October 1st to determine your Superhost status, which will appear on your profile for the next 3 months. 

How will this work:

• Every hosts’ performance will be reviewed between October 1st - 14th. It can take up to 14 days to account for reviews written towards the end of the month as we calculate Superhost status.

• You will receive an email confirming your new Superhost status between Oct 7th - 14th! (So remember to keep an eye out)

• As a reminder, we calculate Superhost status based on a set of criteria, looking back at your past year of hosting activity. There’s no minimum tenure required for becoming a Superhost. 

*Please note, during this time, you may see your dashboard update to the next Superhost 365-day window, which will be assessed in January 2020. If you see this, please don’t worry. Though we track your activity dynamically, we will only be looking at your performance from Oct 1, 2018 through October 1, 2019 for the assessment that’s happening now.

A huge thank you for all your hard work throughout the year and let us know if you have any questions.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

128 Replies 128

Congrats!

Davor39
Level 2
Split, HR

Hi! I just became superhost.

I rent two apartments on island Korcula, Croatia.

My question is since the guests come here mostly from june untill september beacuse is a bit remoted and by the sea is mainly summer vacation place, will i lose my superhost status untill next summer becasue i can expect to have new reservations in may , not before.

Nancy1019
Level 2
San Diego, CA

Thank you so much I appreciate all you do for me. Looking forward to the next assignment! 

Susan990
Level 10
Redmond, OR

I have just received notice of my 15th consecutive Super Host achievement. The message and graphic I received is somewhat embarrassing in its childishness of language and not something I would want my guests to read.

I remember a couple years ago I once received an actual framed  poster like notice which was perfectly frameable and its recounted how many reservations, from how many different countries, how man reviews, and was dated for this Super Host renewal notice.

I thought, how nice, I can print this out, frame it and hang it in my guesthouse for all to see.

Would like for Airbnb to consider my Award Plaque suggestion.  It falls in line with top rated hotels and resort properties which frequently have award plaques in the unites to validate their quality of services to their guests.  You know, the 5 star universal rating system. ( which I also wish Airbnb would adopt.)  Making this professional change  adds Value to the guest consumer mind and  the printable plaque itself becomes a thing of value to the Super Host, which will be greatly appreciated.

Susan
Donald87
Level 2
Bozeman, MT

I am honestly disgusted with the calculations and the inability to have something reviewed.  We literally have had 1 cancellation since we listed with Airbnb.  The cancelation was communicated with the guest months before they were scheduled to arrive.  They had no issues and book elsewhere.  Everyone was happy, we fixed our listing and now for 1 cancellation and we are now no longer considered a Superhost?  Seriously, has this happened to anyone else?  Don't you think an appeals process should be in place or am I crazy in thinking that circumstances change?  

Why do I feel bullied right now?

@donaid87

I agree, the super host programme is discrimination against hosts.  It should be scrapped. It's a childish way to run a business

John3049
Level 7
Mississauga, CA

I just started and think I’m on track to getting super host status.

For me, staying on track is having confidence in myself.  Ok, I may sound a little sappy, but running a successful airbnb has to be done with heart. You genuinely have to know what makes people tick. By the way,  I haven't always been like this. (This has been my personal journey through airbnb) I have earned my Superhost badge twice (which to be honest, I did not know was even possible. I thought once you got it, it was yours until you screwed up,  and airbnb took it away from you) Just go that extra little mile, for them. People love to be taken care of. Pamper them. We all deserve it. Go get them marshmallows for the fire pit, so they don't have to it. That gives them time for more relaxation. In a nutshell, its putting them first. As soon as there reservation is confirmed ,its all about them. Now, mind you I may sound sappy, but I have boundaries ,and so far they have never been crossed. I make my rules and expectations very clear. I have communication with them as soon as they book through arrival. I will give them suggestions on attractions, events, restraurants, winery etc. They become my priority. Work from your heart and you will be the best kind of Superhost...... There Superhost!  Good luck! 

Deborah350
Level 7
Grafton, Australia

There is a glitch! I have 4 properties with an average of 4.9 ......how do you lose super host rating?

@Deborah350  Do you meet all the other Superhost criteria?

@Sarah977How does it work if one have 5 listings - do they all have to be above 4,8 in order to stay a superhost? Do you know that? 

@Sandra856  I honestly don't know for sure as I only have one listing. But I know I've read posts here of hosts complaining that they lost their Superhost because although one of their listings has a 5* average, their rating went down because another property got lower ratings, so I assume they are averaged.

Just as reviews are assumed to be a review of the host and their dealings with guests, as opposed to the property itself, it would make sense that ratings would be counted in a similar way.

Thank you for the reply @Sarah977.

Maybe someone with several listings reading this can tell 🙂 

Yep, when you look at the ratings for the 4 places 4.9, 4.9. 4.8, 4.8 - yet at their end they are saying on 2 places - 4.4 and 4.6. I have never been rated that low and they WON'T look at it!

Because there is a glitch, I think it is traceable to the AI which reads data like a simpleton and does not understand .  When you call Airbnb they defer to the machine which is stupid. You cannot fix stupid.

Susan