Superhost Evaluation Timeline - 2019 Q3

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Superhost Evaluation Timeline - 2019 Q3

Hello everyone,

As we settle into October, I’m pleased to say we have reached the next Superhost assessment. We will evaluate your past year’s performance up until October 1st to determine your Superhost status, which will appear on your profile for the next 3 months. 

How will this work:

• Every hosts’ performance will be reviewed between October 1st - 14th. It can take up to 14 days to account for reviews written towards the end of the month as we calculate Superhost status.

• You will receive an email confirming your new Superhost status between Oct 7th - 14th! (So remember to keep an eye out)

• As a reminder, we calculate Superhost status based on a set of criteria, looking back at your past year of hosting activity. There’s no minimum tenure required for becoming a Superhost. 

*Please note, during this time, you may see your dashboard update to the next Superhost 365-day window, which will be assessed in January 2020. If you see this, please don’t worry. Though we track your activity dynamically, we will only be looking at your performance from Oct 1, 2018 through October 1, 2019 for the assessment that’s happening now.

A huge thank you for all your hard work throughout the year and let us know if you have any questions.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

128 Replies 128
Christina836
Level 2
New Jersey, United States

I became a super host this month!! thank you for all you do @Airbnb . I agree with a lot of the comments being said above. It can be unfair that a guest can give any review to a host. There doesn't even have to be validation. But there are people in this world that will never be happy. just strive for better reviews. I always send a message stating something along the lines" Safe travels back home today; please be mindful of the check out time. I hope I have created the perfect stay. Please leave a review so I know how I did. Thank you and keep me in mind for future getaways." Throwing kindness CAN go a long way.  Good luck everyone!

I’m new to hosting,  what are the benefits associated with being a Superhost?

@Abdul-Wali-and-Doris0There are some here who will say there are no benefits associated with the status of Superhost.  However, after I achieved it earlier this year, I had 6 different guests tell me they sought out hosts with that status because they felt more comfortable in their competency (not their exact words, but something to that effect). 

Idiris0
Level 2
Nairobi, Kenya

Thanks for the Update. I got the email from Airbnb two weeks ago and i got the superhost status.

Thanks Airbnb

Susan1404
Level 10
Covington, GA

@Lizzie- I still show that I have Superhost status, but never received an email.  Not complaining at all as I'm very happy to have once again achieved this status, but just wondered why there was no email.

So... As an Aussie I consider myself fairly easy going but after a year of going hell- for- leather to achieve Superhost status I have now come to the conclusion that I am better off going back to holiday letting.

So take a look at these stats for the past 9 months

Host Cancellation rate:  0%

Response rate: 100%

stays hosted: 39

116 nights.

Check-in rating: 5 star

So far so good but only 4.7 and not 4.8 overall rating so no Superhost

What does this mean in real terms... it means that people book an entire house near the beach and then find sand on the odd occasion.....  Hot **bleep**, somebody call the police, a mystery needs solving ...

I get that Airbnb wants to ensure that customers experiences are reflected but the current rating system is almost 'anti-host' and they risk hosts either switching off or over to competitors that have a more balanced review system..... Think about it, you refuse a late checkout on the basis of another guest arrival and suddenly you get a poor rating because you've ticked a guest with unrealistic expectations off. 

Under the current system  I would have been better off letting 3 people stay for a month each and get 5 stars from each of them than getting 39 reviews of which 4 are less than 5 but more than 4!  For a global company you would think some numpty would improve what is an obviously flawed system. 

Why not switch to a review system that begins with 5 stars and guest have to demonstrate why they have marked down...

and why in the hell do we as hosts have to give a guest rating before finding out we hosted a germaphobic or narcissist or narcissistic germaphobic!  Would guest be as quick to be so critical if a host could respond in kind! the best part is where a guest marks you down for cleanliness but then leave the place untidy for the next guest...

How about instead of  Airbnb getting caught up in the newest missile silo or ancient  pyramid to be turned into an awesome airbnb experience,  that they instead focus on looking after the other side of their customer base.  It amuses me that I am offered incentives to encourage others to become a host, why would I wish that on someone I like?

Fantastic response and I agree! 
I too am I a similar position and have had a rant or 3 with Airbnb but they don’t care. 
it’s guest guest guest not host. Once I have a lady mark me down for having a hair in the bath.... after seeing how she left the flat, a pure tip , make up stains on the carpet and desk, toilet was a special colour and trash that built up and was not taken care of I asked Airbnb if I could add photos of her check out.... took me 1 weeks to clean the flat.

i after on every level with your response. Thank you 

Cathryn24
Level 2
Byron Bay, Australia

@J229  I agree with all you say. JUST GET RID OF THE SUPER HOST PROGRAMME.

It's discrimination

Susan1188
Level 10
Marbella, Spain

How interesting: 

almost 5000 views on this thread, hundreds of long and thoughtful comments, but just 29 likes!

@Lizzie  those are some statistics I would think you should be looking at.

I would like to see Airbnb add a dimension to the superhost program:  Superhosts who do their best to minimize nuisance, danger and disruption to their communities and neighbors.

This would mean:

- hosts who do not allow parties 

- hosts who do not do self check in

- hosts who engage actively with their guests after booking

- hosts who require IDS to be given to THEM (not airbnb)

- hosts who have extensive and detailed HOUSE RULES

etc.