Superhost Evaluation Timeline - 2019 Q3

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Superhost Evaluation Timeline - 2019 Q3

Hello everyone,

As we settle into October, I’m pleased to say we have reached the next Superhost assessment. We will evaluate your past year’s performance up until October 1st to determine your Superhost status, which will appear on your profile for the next 3 months. 

How will this work:

• Every hosts’ performance will be reviewed between October 1st - 14th. It can take up to 14 days to account for reviews written towards the end of the month as we calculate Superhost status.

• You will receive an email confirming your new Superhost status between Oct 7th - 14th! (So remember to keep an eye out)

• As a reminder, we calculate Superhost status based on a set of criteria, looking back at your past year of hosting activity. There’s no minimum tenure required for becoming a Superhost. 

*Please note, during this time, you may see your dashboard update to the next Superhost 365-day window, which will be assessed in January 2020. If you see this, please don’t worry. Though we track your activity dynamically, we will only be looking at your performance from Oct 1, 2018 through October 1, 2019 for the assessment that’s happening now.

A huge thank you for all your hard work throughout the year and let us know if you have any questions.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

128 Replies 128

Thanks for this information.Am new on this platform.Hope to give the best to get such recognition.

Thanks (Asante )

Amy864
Level 2
Vevay, IN

Unfortunately I had to close my Airbnb for a few months to help a domestic violence victim. Had one booking (somehow he instant booked)? That I had to cancel because the room was still occupied. Do I have to wait a year from that cancellation before I can be awarded super host again?

@Amy864  Yes, you'll have to wait. Did you forget to block the dates that the room was still occupied, or did the IB booking somehow manage to book dates that were already blocked?

Kathleen543
Level 5
Putney, VT

Hi,

I'm a new-ish host and I've hit all of the target criteria for Superhost. But I haven't received an email about my status. Can you help me understand why and find out what my status is?

Thanks - Kathleen

Hi @Kathleen543 🙂

We are evaluated every 3 month by airbnb. If you press the superhost box in the progress page for each listing you got you will see the criteria. One of them is you need to have at least 10 bookings or 3 bookings on at least 100 days to get the badge. But check the box under each listing and it will show you were you are missing out. Next evaluating date is 1st. January. 

Best, Sandra 

Thanks for your reply Sandra. I have 2 listings, 15 bookings, zero cancellations and 100% response rate. My overall rating is 4.9. Shouldn't I have received Superhost?

I am using the word "bookings" but in the box you mention, it says the criteria is 10 "stays". Are you using the words interchangeably?

@Kathleen543 You won't get the badge in the middel of a period. Just find the box on each listing and you will see exactly what you are missing.

You can also read everything about on that page. 

@Kathleen543 bookings/stays is the same. 

@Kathleen543 As I wrote the next evaluation date is 1.January and then it takes 10-14 days before you get the badge - it's because every guest that stayed just before the cut of date needs to be able to review you. So you won't get it 1. January. Just so you are aware 🙂 

Every guest who has stayed with me has left me a review. Thanks for writing, I don't think I am understanding what you are saying. Are you saying I won't get superhost on January 1 either?

@Kathleen543 You are. But all guests who stayed just before the cut of date needs time to review - and those reviews also counts. So you won't get the badge before the 10-14 January. Just after every evaluation date lots of host are writing in this community because they don't understand why the haven't received the badge. 

It doesn't show that I am missing anything! It shows each of the four requirements (rating, cancellation, response rate, number of stays), the target for each, and where I am on each. I exceed the target number on each requirement.

@Kathleen543  I only have one listing, so I'm not certain, but it may be that you have to have minumum 10 bookings for each listing, rather than total? If that's not the case, then it does seem you should have qualified.

that could be... although on the progress page it shows target as 10 and my number as 15. it's confusing! just hoping to get some clarity so I know what to expect.