Superhost Evaluation Timeline - 2019 Q3

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Superhost Evaluation Timeline - 2019 Q3

Hello everyone,

As we settle into October, I’m pleased to say we have reached the next Superhost assessment. We will evaluate your past year’s performance up until October 1st to determine your Superhost status, which will appear on your profile for the next 3 months. 

How will this work:

• Every hosts’ performance will be reviewed between October 1st - 14th. It can take up to 14 days to account for reviews written towards the end of the month as we calculate Superhost status.

• You will receive an email confirming your new Superhost status between Oct 7th - 14th! (So remember to keep an eye out)

• As a reminder, we calculate Superhost status based on a set of criteria, looking back at your past year of hosting activity. There’s no minimum tenure required for becoming a Superhost. 

*Please note, during this time, you may see your dashboard update to the next Superhost 365-day window, which will be assessed in January 2020. If you see this, please don’t worry. Though we track your activity dynamically, we will only be looking at your performance from Oct 1, 2018 through October 1, 2019 for the assessment that’s happening now.

A huge thank you for all your hard work throughout the year and let us know if you have any questions.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

128 Replies 128

@Kathleen543 @When you press on one of the boxes belonging to 1 of the listings does it then show 15 stays - meaning for both of the listings? Aren't they separated so each listing have a separate box /criteria?

no, all of the metrics are for both listings put together. including the 4.9 overall rating - it is an average between the two listings.

I just counted up my completed stays since I started in early September. There are 18, rather the the 15 it shows in my Progress box. 

The Progress box seems to be by HOST rather than by LISTING. There aren't separate boxes for each listing. Just the one.  

@Sarah977 I do believe that a host has to have at least 10 bookings on one of the listings in order to become a superhost? 

Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 9.10.44 PM.png

@Kathleen543 The cut of date was the last day in September so bookings that began after Oct. 1st. doesn't count. Could it be that? 

I think that's it. I just went in and counted up my reservations - I had 9 prior to October 1. The 10th stay was on October 2, and I have 18 total. So I guess I have to wait til January!!

:(((

I appreciate everyone's help with this. Glad to be clear.

@Kathleen543  You may need to get help from Airbnb support.  Airbnb did not give me when I reached superhost in the first time evaluation.

I got it after I raised my question to Airbnb. It could take a few days before they grant you the superhost status. From your stats, you are qualified definitely!

@Alice595 If she has less than 10 bookings before the cut of date then she won't get it until next evaluating date? 

@Sandra856If @Kathleen543 has only 9 bookings before October 1, that is s different story. But Airbnb did have issue with the evaluation for giving the first superhost status. I experienced that.

However, there were 17 reviews prior to October in her profile, that made me think that it could be an Airbnb’s mistake.

Christina836
Level 2
New Jersey, United States

I missed the last assessment due to the same reason. If you do not have minimum 10 stays prior to the assessment you will not get super host status for that time period @Alice595 

Thanks Alice 🙂

@Kathleen543 I'm just trying to help you!! 

@Kathleen543  Thanks for showing how it works with multible listings - I didn't know how Airbnb calculated the criteria.

Rishabh10
Level 4
Accra, Ghana

Thanks for the information, Lizzie. I have been able to achieve Superhost for the 4th time in a row which is awesome. I even just received the $100 credit, which is an awesome incentive so thanks for that. 

I was hoping to find out a little bit more about what being a Superhost means, and what benefits we received compared to other hosts? I am located in Accra, Ghana in case that has a restriction in the benefits I receive. 

Thanks again!