Superhost Evaluation Timeline - 2019 Q4

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Superhost Evaluation Timeline - 2019 Q4

Superhost 1.pngHello everyone,

Happy New Year to you all. 

As we enter into a new year of hosting, I’m pleased to say we have also reached the next Superhost assessment. We will evaluate your past year’s performance up until January 1st 2020 to determine your Superhost status, which will appear on your profile for the next 3 months. 

To recap, how will this work:

• Every hosts’ performance will be reviewed between January 1st - 14th, 2020. It can take up to 14 days to account for reviews written towards the end of the month as we calculate Superhost status.

• You will receive an email confirming your new Superhost status between January 7th - 14th! (So remember to keep an eye out)

• As a reminder, we calculate Superhost status based on a set of criteria, looking back at your past year of hosting activity. There’s no minimum tenure required for becoming a Superhost. 

*Please note, during this time, you may see your dashboard update to the next Superhost 365-day window, which will be assessed in April 2020. If you see this, please don’t worry. Though we track your activity dynamically, we will only be looking at your performance from January 1, 2019 through January 1, 2020 for the assessment that’s happening now.

A huge thank you for all your hard work throughout the year, we wish you a great year of hosting and do let us know if you have any questions.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

92 Replies 92

@Sylvia567 @You only need 10 visits in 12 months so unless you are traveling for a year I cannot see it being a proble

Bernice33
Level 1
The Villages, FL

I just experienced the guest nightmare that wrote me a totally dishonest review and gave me 1 star. I am hoping it will not hurt my super host status.  I have to say that the system does not seem to be working property. I called Airbnb 3 days into this guests 10 day stay and begged them to get rid of her but she refused to leave and then they allow her to give me a bad rating after they suggested that I call animal control as she was keeping a dog in Her car for long periods of time after being told she could not bring a dog here and that I understood if she needed to cancel her reservation. I wAnted her to cancel before she even arrived which can be plainly seen in the messages between us and yet they allowed this person to leave me a review and rate me. There is something broken in the way Airbnb is operating. I was unable to get the help I needed in a timely manner. Which I was begging for help with this guest. Yet they allowed her to rate me. Yes I rated her but in all honesty it shouldn’t have been allowed. She refused to leave the property after Airbnb asked her to. And now my rating has fallen to a 4.7. Hope I can get it back up before April. I do have a few awesome guests coming. 

Marlene311
Level 2
Kirkliston, GB

I'm not sure if others have experienced the same, but I've struggled to find out about why I didn't get super host status despite meeting all of the criteria. Everything states I should have had it 2 weeks ago but there's still nothing. Find that very disheartening especially after working so hard to achieve it. Do they only hand out a certain number at a time?