Superhost - a very real benefit

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Superhost - a very real benefit

I often say it doesn't matter if you are a Superhost or not, but here is what I did today: I had to call the support line and I did, entering my phone number but didn't know what a ''pan key'' was (it was how it sounded) so I rang as a non-superhost instead. After 20 mins I gave up and went to find out what a pankey was. Turns out is is Pound key pronounced by an American and is the same as #. I rang again using the # and this time the phone was picked up after only a couple of rings. Immediately! THIS is the real benefit of Superhost. Priority support, impressive.

Then I had them on the phone for 30 mins, feeling guilty as I took their time away from more urgent issues... But nice all the same.

9 Replies 9
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Sandra126  LOL  So an American accent is difficult to understand...really?  Thanks for the information.

City-Limits-Ranch0
Level 10
Watsonville, CA

Pound key. pound cake, pancake, it's all the same to us 'Murcans.  We talk really mushy as compared with you crisp Brits.

City-Limits-Ranch0
Level 10
Watsonville, CA

Whoops, not you Brits after all.   You Aussies I meant to say.  So sorry.

Have some pancakes.

''Enter your number and have a pancake.'' Que?

David262
Level 4
Australia

Another example where Airbnb needs to de-Americanise its language and terminology. 

In many more places the "#" key, is referred to as the "hash" key. (Or more properly, the number sign - but that can be contextually too confusing, hence the term "hash". NOTE: not hashtag, "hashtag" is the hash key, followed by a name tag, hence "hash" + "tag" = "hashtag" e.g. #thisisatag.)

For example, In Australia an automated telephone system announcement would simply say "press hash".

Outside of North America, the term "pound" key may mean the "£" key, so it should never be used by international business operators to describe the “#” key.

How about "sharp" symbol, so musicians can understand it better?

Tery0
Level 2
Prague, Czech Republic

Can you please advise where can I find the number to the help line? I am a superhost but I don´t see any phone number I can call to. Also, is there one number for all countries? So if I call from Europe, I have to pay the fees for calling US?
Thx

@Tery0

I think Airbnb Ireland is for European countries. There is no ABB office in Croatia neither.

Sahand-and-Teresa0
Level 1
Lion's Head, Canada

Where can I find the support line for us locally as a superhost?