What are the Superhost benefits?

Answered!
Luke141
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

What are the Superhost benefits?

Hi folks,

I'm just looking for some clarity, apart from getting a special badge is there any other direct benefits/advantages of being a 'superhost', or is it just the badge and the fact people are more likely to think you're special? 🙂

Cheers folks,
Luke

1 Best Answer
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@David1873

David there is a search filter which limits ones search to only show Superhosts listings and this filter is being used more and more by experienced users.

Superhost filter.png

As you know Superhosts only have that status because they don't cancel reservations and have been proven to give a more satisfactory guest experience.

In general Superhosts listings will be given preference on search pages but, we now have the situation where 'Plus' listings are receiving preferential placement despite a considerable number of Plus hosts NOT meeting Superhost criteria. It is looking like Plus hosts have bought their way to the head of the queue....not earned it!

David another aspect comes into play here! The algorithm that governs search placement responds to.....'activity'...the more activity on your site, the higher your listing will display in search pages. Now, activity does not just mean bookings, it pays to continually keep something happening on your page. Change or add to a house rule, change a picture or two around, or add a couple. Put the price up a dollar one day, and then down a dollar the next. Get a few friends to hit the contact host button and put in a date....it doesn't commit anyone to anything but, it all counts as activity and the more you can keep something happening, the more prominent your listing will be displayed!

Hope this helps.

Cheers.....Rob

View Best Answer in original post

16 Replies 16
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Luke141,

As the status is given automatically, one of it's effects is as a handy summary that shows guests, who know what the badge means, that others have had a great experience of both you and your listing.

It doesn't, of itself, get you placed higher in search results but some of the characteristics needed for the status do. So working to achieve the status will help your search results ranking.

There is a filter whereby guests can search for superhost owned listings.

If you keep the status for a year you get a US$100 coupon to use for Airbnb travel.

There are some discount offers with partner companies.

It may get you more bookings from guests who know that it means you haven't cancelled a guest reservation in the past year. Not cancelling a reservation in the past year is one of the criteria for the status. I'm not sure how many guests know that though.

Some hosts take it as a badge of pride, some say it's nice but not worth the worry they may then have of loosing it and most, probably, are happy not having it as they're getting the number and type of happy guests that they want to have for the time and effort they have available to invest.

Steve.

Luke141
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

Perfect 🙂 Thank you Steve, very well put.

I like your style.

I never received the $100 coupon for use on Airbnb travel that you are referring to and I've been a super host for several years. Do you know where I can look to redeem it?

Luke141
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

I'm very curious myself.

I know this thread was from a year ago but I got an email from Airbnb saying “you earned a super host bonus” and the email congratulates you and tells you to click the button for your bonus which is some badges to your profile and the coupon for $100 off a stay that has to be used within a year. 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Luke141

As always, @Steve143 is 100% correct, but just to add to what he has said.

One of the main benefits is a fast contact option. If you have an issue or require the assistance of CS make sure you call them using your registered Airbnb phone number! As a superhost a protocol is put in place whereby when you call CS, the system will compare the phone number calling with the phone number on file and , if both match you will automatically go to the head of the phone queue to be answered by the first available support staff wherever they may be around the world. And when the call is answered your profile information will already be up on the agents screen.

Luke it is fast, I have never had to wait more than 45 seconds for my call is answered and I am talking to someone!

In general guests don't have any idea what a superhost is so, although you may experience a small increase in bookings, it won't be dramatic.

But the affect of having the badge does make you want to try that bit harder, after all, it is not a company award Luke, it is an award given to you by your past guests for the outstanding job you have done in hosting them.

It won't make your hosting career, or break it....but it is nice to have...it just means you are good at what you are doing.

Cheers.....Rob

Luke141
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

Rob! Beautifully put.

I only started this May so it's my supreme goal to make sure everyone of my guests is absolutely delighted by whatever means I can haha, but yes I hear ya. It is like a personal goal of satisfaction too, which is kinda nice.

Cheers!

Dennis16
Level 2
Newport, RI

As a Superhost I've also received yearly credits to use when I book Airbnb stays.  $100.00 

Hi Dennis!!! how can I get/received credit to use when i rent Airbnb? Im planning a trip 

David1873
Level 2
Dunedin, FL

Doesn't super-host status give you a higher priority in the search rankings?  And/or what exactly does give you a higher ranking in the search results, I've heard rumors that just modifying your ad and changing your wording or pictures helps to increase your search rankings. 

Luke141
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

Kind of just like FB all the other slightly unfair systems of who can interact the most and knows when to do it.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@David1873

David there is a search filter which limits ones search to only show Superhosts listings and this filter is being used more and more by experienced users.

Superhost filter.png

As you know Superhosts only have that status because they don't cancel reservations and have been proven to give a more satisfactory guest experience.

In general Superhosts listings will be given preference on search pages but, we now have the situation where 'Plus' listings are receiving preferential placement despite a considerable number of Plus hosts NOT meeting Superhost criteria. It is looking like Plus hosts have bought their way to the head of the queue....not earned it!

David another aspect comes into play here! The algorithm that governs search placement responds to.....'activity'...the more activity on your site, the higher your listing will display in search pages. Now, activity does not just mean bookings, it pays to continually keep something happening on your page. Change or add to a house rule, change a picture or two around, or add a couple. Put the price up a dollar one day, and then down a dollar the next. Get a few friends to hit the contact host button and put in a date....it doesn't commit anyone to anything but, it all counts as activity and the more you can keep something happening, the more prominent your listing will be displayed!

Hope this helps.

Cheers.....Rob

Geraldine208
Level 1
Isle of Man

super host coupon.  some questions

1 if I click  'get coupon' does it need to be used immediately or should i only press ' get coupon " when I am ready to book?

2 - if I am able to bank the coupon for use at a later date but before the expiry, how do i access it?

3 - the coupon is for $100, can i use it for a european booking which is priced in Euros?

any help much appreciated

Jan105
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Just a warning to all Superhosts. I received a reward on 08 October of either a discount on my next Airbnb booking or a free photography session. I clearly indicated that I choose the free photography session and followed the online prompts. A photographer got in touch, took great pictures and upload to Airbnb. I was delighted and thought this was a great incentive from Airbnb. Till I got my next payout a week or two later and saw R1362 deducted from my payout for the photography. It has now been more than two weeks and I am still no closer to Airbnb recognizing the mistake and paying my money due. What was suppose to be a reward has now just left a bitter taste in my mouth. Be warned, don't trust anything from Airbnb!!