Superhost coupon has been upgraded (newly issued with dates extended)

Superhost coupon has been upgraded (newly issued with dates extended)

Henry and I were recently talking about what to do with our superhost coupon which would expire soon (I think it was till Sept? or Oct?) I was seriously thinking about finding a fellow host to do a *swap* within the next month or two. I was pleasantly surprised to get an email informing me that my superhost coupon has been upgraded and re-issued, with the use-by date extended till 1-Apr-2021 while the previous coupon code will now be invalid. 

Screenshot of the email is in Korean..... but basically says the above 😁 😁 😁

airbnb superhost coupon.png

airbnb superhost coupon_2.png

Henry and I have been hesitant to do any sort of weekend travelling. We are doing our best to limit unnecessary movement (which is more or less everything except for me coming home every other week, and going to check in on our parents from a distance). We are continuing efforts to socially distance and stay home as much as possible regardless of what others are doing and what the government is saying and really hope to get a chance to use the coupon for a stay later this year or early next year for a short weekend trip either to Gyeongju or the East/South coast. 

Stay safe everyone~ 

9 Replies 9
Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

That’s really good to hear @Jessica-and-Henry0  I see also our new bonus vouchers are arriving this month with our superhost status  even though I didn’t think I would get one this year as I had cancellations.

We are away at the end of the month for a couple of days  and flying right to the very bottom of NZ.
Can’t wait .Its been such a long winter even in the winterless north  🙂

Stay safe and well. 

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Jessica-and-Henry0,

I received the same message, but my coupon expiration date remained the same, April 1, 2021.  Hopefully, the US will get its act together and flatten the coronavirus curve, and get off of the list of banned travelers to the EU so I can use the coupon.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You are so lucky I am in exactly the same situation @Jessica-and-Henry0  and have asked Airbnb if they would be doing this and got no reply. I also asked the admins here.

I would really love to be able to take a short local trip now the restrictions have lifted but unfortunately I didn't receive a similar email.

@Lizzie I do hope this is applying to all hosts. 

@Helen3 

The email I got wasn't a reply. I remember seeing a post here about someone saying they asked Airbnb about extending the expiry date and got a negative response back so I didn't bother to ask or inquire separately.

Henry and I were leaning towards the *swap* option until the above email showed up in our inbox so I assumed the expiry dates were extended for most?all? superhost coupons issued, not just mine.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Helen3 ,

I've got a bit more information for you (and it's good!) just while @Lizzie is on hols. As @Jessica-and-Henry0 mentioned, yes we have extended expiration dates.

July 2019 issuance --> Coupons will expire
Oct 2019 issuance --> new expiration Apr 1 2021
Jan 2020 issuance --> new expiration Apr 1 2021
Apr 2020 issuance --> Expire Apr 1 2021

(These Superhosts will get an email to inform them that they can redeem these upgraded coupons on Experiences now too!)

.For those who have chosen pro photography in the past and aren’t able to get the service (due to COVID), we will reissue them new coupons with an Apr 1 2021 expiration date.

As mentioned, emails are going out but to save you from waiting in wonder, I hope this info sorts out your concerns.

Let me know if you have any questions,

Steph

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Thanks will let you know if my email arrives @Stephanie 

I've seen some hosts say Airbnb replaced the coupons we used for stays that were cancelled due to Covid-19. I had my last trip cancelled by a conference. Airbnb refunded all my money and the service fee but autogenerated a note saying the $100 certificate would not be reissued.

I really wish they would reconsider to jumpstart travel once it's safer. I'm needing to head to LA at some point where the fees are high and it would help to have the travel voucher reissued for superhosts who had to cancel due to extenuating circumstances.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Stephanie 

Thank you for this update but it's very disappointing to hear that the extension was not applied to the awards issued in July 2019. Why is this? The global pandemic was announced in March and guests were allowed to get full refunds for any stays booked for many months after that.

So, any coupons that still had validity after mid-March should have been extended. We are awarded them on the understanding that we have a year to use them, so many people would not have used them by March, after which it was pretty impossible to use them.

Also, I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problems as me. I was under the impression that my July coupon was valid until the end of July this year, but it has now completely disappeared from my account. It is showing neither as valid, expired nor redeemed. It has simply disappeared completely, even though previous expired/redeemed coupons are still showing.

Likewise, my latest coupon, supposedly issued earlier this month, does not appear either, so I can't use that one. What is going on? I contacted CS and they have no idea. After a lot of back and forth, just passed on to another team and told "We will work hard to ensure this doesn't happen to anyone else." No word on what happens to MY coupons!

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Our coupon would expire in October but we also got this notice recently:

Hi Branka & Silvia,

Good news—you can now use your $100 Superhost coupon for both stays and Airbnb Experiences, including our new online experiences.

Your upgraded coupon has a new code:

xxxxxxx

Since you have a new, upgraded coupon, your previous coupon code won’t work anymore. You’ll need to use xxxxxxx as your coupon code.

You’ll need to book a reservation with this coupon before April 1, 2021.