Superhost criteria of 10 reservations

Serge12
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Superhost criteria of 10 reservations

I see that the criteria for maintaining my Superhost status is a minimum of 10 reservation within a year. My acceoted rreservations are 75% but the target is 88%. I have been a constant superhost for several years with a overall 5 stars rating, 100% response rate etc.. In the year October 2017 to October 2018 I have accepted 8 reservation totaling 164 nights! Will I lose my superhost status because it falls slightly below 88%. This does not make sense ! I could easily have 10 guests on instant bookings for 2 or 3 nights totaling 20 or 30 nights within the year, and as a result both I and Airbnb losing a lot of money!  This 10 reservation criteria is illogical and does not make sense at all. Criteria on reservations should be on total guest nights not number of reservations.

2 Replies 2
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Serge12 In all likelihood, Airbnb is not loosing money, since those people booked somewhere else, but probably with another Airbnb. Your 75% is resulting because you are being personally selective, and that is something Airbnb doesn't necessarily like (they probably look at it as some form of 'discrimination').

So what, it is not their place to protect, but yours and according to their way of thinking it is not to their advantage (or reaching some social goal), but it may be to yours.

There lies the balancing act: your caution vs. their perceived self interest or social conciousness.

P.S. If I couldn't exercise such tight control over my hosting, by virtue of the logistics involved with my particular place, I would never be a SH because I  wouldn't ever reach 50%, never mind 88%. And won't care either way.

Serge12
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Thanks Fred, as expected I am not getting any concrete answer from Airbnb. My question is being  evaded with “ no doubt you’ll get more guests as you are superhost etc... blah blah Forgeting that I blocked my calendar for several days before October review . Airbnb is becoming Big Brother Airbnb who knows better than us  mere mortals hosts! Like Zuckerberg and FB.