Can a Superhost get a custom URL?

Answered!
Rene-and-Zac0
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Can a Superhost get a custom URL?

I read Superhost can get a custom URL but I can’t find anything on where to set it up or even how to ask for one. Is it a desktop only feature not available on iOS? 

‘You know it’s hard out here for a Host’

1 Best Answer
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @LaDawn0 @Betcha0 @Betcha0 @Florencia14 et al,

Sorry about the back and forth on this, please try these steps and let me know if you get stuck:

1. Go to “Listings” in your Airbnb App or on the Airbnb site

2. Click on the listing for which you’d like to create a custom link

3.  Scroll down past the photos and location sections to “Custom Link” and click the 'Edit' button.

4. Click on that to create or update your link.

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

View Best Answer in original post

48 Replies 48

Hi Jeff, could you please explain how did you guys find this url? How can I find mine?

Julian234
Level 3
Zihuatanejo, Mexico

@Linda_Ron0 @Sandi14 @Michelle498 I prefer the domain name method myself, but then I spent most of my career as a "computer guy" doing that kind of stuff. Like so many things, it's easy when you know how.

That's not what I wanted to write about though. 

What I did want to mention is the notion that Air may give you a custom URL as a superhost, but what happens if you lose your superhost status? Or they decide not to do it anymore? Or they change it? Or they slap advertising in front of it? Or, or or...?

It's something I see over and over in the digital economy -- relenquishing control of your assets to an internet company. It's not something I personally would ever do and I never recommend it for my clients. That includes setting up their business as Facebook pages or anywhere else that is not under your control. You really must have your own site, domains and email addresses at a minimum. Then, whenever you set up something on a social network for instance, you point it back to your site, your email, or even your airbnb listing. Later, maybe you point it to HA or TA. The point is, you are in control.

Anybody remember MySpace? Point made 😉

Maybe we could put together a seminar on how to do some of this stuff. I would be willing to help some people do this in exchange for a used, rusty Airbnb keychain or something else of immense value 😉

Thank you Julian! I appreciate your perspective.  I have only been hosting for six months but have been pretty successful.    This has whet my appetite for more.   I realize my place is quite a commodity and I can get more out of it  by expanding my platform and utilizing more than the Airbnb platform. I am currently just starting to sniff around at the best way to market myself/my unit(s)/my brand.  

I sincerely appreciate your sound advice and it completely makes sense to me. Owning vs franchising!  Definitely works for me (disclaimer: I have authority issues ;). 

Jonathan426
Level 4
Wentzville, MO

Since AirBNB is dragging their feet on this one, heres what I did:

Go to bitly.com and enter your property's airbnb URL into the field. It will generate a short link (i.e. bit.ly/284@#, something like that) but you can change everything that comes after the /. You get your own personalized link, and AirBNB loses out on what could have been free advertising.

@Jonathan426 That certainly works and is easy, but now you are depending on bitly. 

Yeah, but I've used bitly for years with no problems, your bit links don't disappear after you create them, and its a very widespread site, so I dont foresee it just vanishing. It also adds the additional benefit of providing analytics, which is hugely beneficial if you are trying to track the effectiveness of an advertisement.

Sure, I agree. I use them too. But no custom email address, no web site, no flexibility/dynamics in redirections and no ownership of course. 

Perhaps stating the obvious, but just making sure that others understand the tradeoffs.

Brilliant hack to this otherwise frustrating situation...hopefully the real fix comes sooner than later. It was promised for 2018, so we've got a few more weeks of hoping. 🙂

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

Apparently the software team is too busy creating things like a 10 page review system that no guest wants to complete. Important things like that. 

Gary382
Level 3
Idyllwild-Pine Cove, CA

Anything they "give" you will not be ours, it will be Airs...  So what happens when a revenge review takes away your superHo?  Poof, gone is the url and any marketing dollars we put into it.  I will not use it if made available.

Gary

Jan272
Level 2
Panama City, FL

See the new issue of Airbnb magazine.  Note that the featured hosts have custom URLs. EX: abnb.co/mysupercoolplace. And no, that's not a typo.  It's not AIRbnb.COM. It's abnb.co.

Cor3
Level 10
Langerak, South Holland, Netherlands

So there are already some hosts (and apparently for quite some time now), who do have a custom URL at Airbnb?

Examples:

1. abnb.co/paulsstudio
  2. abnb.co/laurasappartement
  3. abnb.co/ingridsshack
  4. abnb.co/christinesbrownstone
  5. abnb.co/hillaryshome
  6. abnb.co/tienlynstinyhome
  7. abnb.co/melissascabin
  8. abnb.co/brandystinyhome

So why do they, and why don’t get others the chance to create such a custom URL?

At least, I haven’t seen or read anything about this!

Those were apparently Plus members; however, we were told a little while ago that this would now be available to all hosts. Why is it not?

*all superhosts - not all hosts

It is absolutley ridiculous that every host doesn't have a personalized URL offered to them. But we were told all superhosts were going to have this opportunity. Where is it!? Why is it taking so long to get?