Superhost has fake bids, Airbnb do anything

Dominik159
Level 2
Mirošov, Czech Republic

Superhost has fake bids, Airbnb do anything

Hi! Last week I find a fake bid in Superhost offers, I contact him with a false interest and he send me fake website to pay deposit while the "original" bid deleted from official Airbnb 🙂 I recorded everything, I have screenshots, video, conversation with him, really everything to prove that he offers fake bids. So I send all of this to Airbnb support and I report him. Airbnb block his account for 2 days, and now is again active 🙂 When I ask how is this possible, i get only this answer "

Unfortunately due to data protection and privacy regulations we're not able to discuss the results of your report. If you'd like to block this user from communicating with you, please follow the help centre article below" 

I just cant believe my eyes when I see it, why the Airbnb support thieves and do nothing with them? Why when they have 100% true proof of it? I dont get it, really dont.   

Thank everybody for explain.

6 Replies 6
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Dominik159 ,

Sorry to hear you didn't get the response you expected from customer support. Can you please let me know the latest on this situation?

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Dominik159
Level 2
Mirošov, Czech Republic

Latest on this situation? 🙂 The superhost is still not blocked from Airbnb so he can put these offers again and again 🙂 It is nice, isn't it?

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Stephanie  I think @Dominik159 only expected this fake listing and this fake host to be banned from Airbnb forever.

In the same time, Airbnb is telling the world how it will verify 7 million listings within 1 year but we constantly read posts like Dominik's and it seems Airbnb is not able to detect and delist not even those reported ones. Not even those posted publicly here on CC along with dozens of comments.

If it wouldn't be tragic, it would be hilarious.

Dominik159
Level 2
Mirošov, Czech Republic

@Branka-and-Silvia0  I'm so nice to put all the evidence under their nose and they'll laugh at my face for that. Isn't that funny? It's not, it's sad, and until this user is blocked,  I will not use this service, because I will not support someone who supports the thieves. Mockery to all honest people.

I'm sick of Airbnb, to date it's not resolved, at least not for me.

The only progress is that they have written me to give them an assessment that I am not satisfied with the support service, ahah, WHAT?

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Dominik159I  agree it's a disgraceful situation. I would urge you to keep trying tho I could understand you not wanting to waste your time doing THEIR job ......

- I've reported many obviously fake listings that are obviously fake cos the photos & the language are clearly Asian, not British. I'm no expert, (I can only spot very obvious scams!) -  I don't understand how what you describe is possible. (But I believe you!) Once I reported a fake multiple times cos it wasn't taken down like the others.... I got an angry phone call from a guy in the department which deals with scams, saying they were working on it, but it was not within their power to get rid of this particular type of fraud. (It's gone now.) Maybe you could phone & ask to speak to an expert???