Superhost, no bookings in the last 3 months!! Help :(

Superhost, no bookings in the last 3 months!! Help :(

Hi everyone.

I am facing a problem I have never faced before. I have been a successful airbnb host for almost 2 years now and have held the superhost status for most of it. My stats and reviews are great, response rate is 100%, I offer a really good quality/price apartment in the very centre of a very big city (so demand is always high). My occupancy rate has always been at about 90%!

However, as of January, 1st, this year something has changed. Basically all the bookings stopped. I only had ONE booking since January up to now - i.e. for the past 3 months! I am really doing everything I can, including daily calendar updates etc, yet nothing is changing. I also contacted support and they assured me that I am one of their favourite listings and everything seems great. Right, except 0 bookings.

Has anyone ever had a similar issue? How did you resolve it? Maybe there's just something that I am missing? At first I thought to just give it some time, but now that 25% of the year have gone by I am really starting to feel my income dwindle, apartment staying empty all the time, and I am frustrated as I do not know what is causing this and how I can help it.

I would appreciate any advice and would love to hear from other Moscow hosts if there are any here.

Best,

Daria

20 Replies 20

Thank you so much!

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

I agree, that you need some different photos that give a better sense of how the rooms look, especially what looks like the living room.  Try and make sure you take the photos on a sunny day.  I would also add a print or something in the space with the toilet.  Definitely wider angle shots, you can keep the close ups that are showcasing the washer and the amenities, but need to add some photos that give a better sense of the space.   You might also look at the other listings near you that seem to be getting bookings and see what their photos look like...I tend to think the photo presentation and descriptions are probably more important than the price, as long as you are within the range of those places close to you.   Best of luck.

Guys, just an update: I've taken all your advice into consideration and even had a professional photoshoot done etc. Yet in terms of bookings I am going through the worst period EVER. Now I also had a significant drop in views, which are 39 over the last 30 days - I have never had such low stats, it was usually around 250. And of course no bookings- had one 4 days stay in the past 2 months and none ahead of me. My price is at its lowest point EVER 😞

Really no clue as to what's going on...

We are a superhost for 10 times in a row meaning almost 4 yrs.

We had 7 months with no bookings 🙂

I msged Airbnb and did a check and now it started moving ...slowly but there is an improvement 

Yulianna0
Level 10
Madrid, Spain

@Daria20, may be to try to play with prices? To eliminate cleaning fee, for example. And may be to make check in time a bit more generous? Just thoughts 

Grace329
Level 5
Johannesburg, South Africa

I am in a similar fix. No inquiries or bookings in the last 1.5 months!

Am very worried