Superhost status taken away

Allan32
Level 4
Durban, South Africa

Superhost status taken away

I am somewhat confused and disappointed. I had to cancel a booking after Smart pricing had messed up the pricing over peak time, 23 - 26 December after the previous booking was cancelled. Airbnb then threaten my income by blocking the dates to prevent any one from booking the best week of the year and they have withdrawn my Super host status ( I have 76 reviews with a 91% 5 star rating). This is infantile and pathetic. It's actually unbelievable.

2 Replies 2

Allen, Sorry to hear that.  it takes  5 year and 1000 reviews and they just gave me this badge 2 cycles ago...But I do not really care, I do my best to run the business, regardless that little badge. Let it go, there is really nothing special of being a super host. no boost of booking, unnecessary higher expectation from gyests...Nice to have a little pin on the photo profile, but I am fine without it either. 

Rachel0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Allan32 Unfortunately this is what happens if a SH cancels a reservation and there have been countless posts on this subject in the CC.  However, if smart pricing was added to your listing in error - ie not by you - then you should speak to Airbnb to explain the situation.  Providing you maintain your 91% 5 star reviews you should get your SH status back in one year from now.