Superhost status when shut down

David-and-Noeleen0
Level 2
Christchurch, New Zealand

Superhost status when shut down

We have shut down our BnB until March 2022 as building work has started next to the unit and it is on a shared drive so noisy at times and inconvenient.

We would love to keep our superhost status but are worried we will loose it due to our shutting it down.

Any help would be appreciated.

Noeleen and David 

3 Replies 3
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@David-and-Noeleen0 

Your performance for Superhost is measured over your previous 12 months. So for the March 2022 assessment, you will need to have 10 stays from April 1, 2021 - March 31, 2022, and maintain 4.8 or above. I don't think you are on the right track "# of stays" wise. 

You can keep an eye on your Superhost status here: https://www.airbnb.com/performance/superhost

You know your situation best but you may find that to the right guest, the nearby construction isn't really an issue. It may be worth hosting a couple of stays a month (mostly weekends and holidays) to people who are aware of the situation (make sure you don't have instant booking turned on.)  I hosted 1.5 summers with full, noisy, digging-up-the-road construction right outside my apartment. With clear communication/expectations, slightly discounted rates, and catering to tourists who were gone early and back late and only looking for a place to sleep, everything went very smoothly. 

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

"Every 3 months, we check if you’ve met the Superhost criteria for the past year to determine your eligibility. We’re waiving the criteria for cancellations and number of stays for all assessments through the end of 2021 because of disruptions caused by COVID-19."

=> The number of stay will be an issue beginning of 2022.

We have a construction during the entire summer. We communicate this issue open, including pictures, offering a 20 % discount for days with noise or other disturbance.

Hope this helps keeping our status.

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@David-and-Noeleen0 

Thought.. 

Is there work being done on weekends?  If not, maybe just have weekends open.  Not an ideal solution, but at least it should help.