Superhost suspension

Rebecca1461
Level 2
Bath, United Kingdom

Superhost suspension

HELP! I’ve been a superhost for years and have hundreds of 5 star reviews which I’ve worked really hard for! But, Airbnb have suspended my account and I have no idea why or for how long? No one is replying to my messages and I have no support. My listings are down and now I have messages from worried guests not being able to find my listings? How do I get a reply from Airbnb? I’ve been on social media, messaging everything possible but I’m being blanked. It’s so upsetting and frustrating..

21 Replies 21
Lenore22
Level 10
California, United States

So so sorry this is happening to you.

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Rebecca1461

I'm really sorry to hear you've been having some issues with your listings. I've checked on my end and someone should follow-up with you as soon as possible to discuss it further!

I hope this helps, but please let us know how you get on. 

Emilie 

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Thanks but 6 days of being promised to hear from Airbnb and still nothing..

have you heard anything yet??

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Luke8 I've checked in on your case as well and the team has confirmed to me someone is working on it. They'll follow up with you as soon as possible!

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Emilie hello i too got suspended and i am on day 5 no one has answered me, please see my profile i am an excellent super host 

Nope! 9 days now

I’ve no update yet!! 9 days and still suspended

Luke8
Level 2
LA, CA

my name is luke and Im a super host . i too got my account  suspended permantely and im not sure why. the reps can't help and only say its with the Trust dept. im calling everyday. its been 5 days. Its a huge part of my income. Any tips? and to make matters worse when i got the original email saying my account was going to be deactivated , I called airbnb to ask was it from them as i thought it may be a scam. they replied in writing it wasn't from them and to delete it.

30 days later now my account is suspended, and I can't get any clarity on how to resolve it.

3 separate listings all suspended. Help !!!

Hey I just got that email too!!! I’ve been suspended 9 days with no idea why and not a single call/text from Airbnb. I found out via a future guest who couldn’t find me online?! So late last night I get an email from Airbnb community support (Pink is the name) saying my account had been deactivated BUT it wasn’t even my name they wrote in the email!!! When I called support about it they saw it and said just ignore it and wait to be updated on your suspension… I mean 🤬🤬🤬

so sorry you’re experiencing this too it’s exhausting me…

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Rebecca1461 

Sorry to hear this has happened to you. If you do a search on this community you will see that a number of other hosts have experienced this.

What is likely to have happened is that a recent guest has raised a security issue with Airbnb such as concerns about CCTV which has led to them automatically suspending your account.

Have you had any problem guests recently

@Catherine-Powell  this is yet another example of Airbnb suspending hosts without telling them why and giving them no opportunity to respond as they have no idea what caused them to be suspended in the first place. Can you tell us why this policy was put in place and give us some reassurance that Airbnb is reviewing this unfair policy?

Rebecca1461
Level 2
Bath, United Kingdom

Hi Helen.. thanks for your message. We don’t have CCTV but it’s a fair suggestion. I only wish we hosts could have a say. It’s unbelievable that we’re suspended without being told why and then have to wait days on end without any updates? In the meantime I’m closed down and can’t get bookings? I’ve not had any problematic guests quite the opposite. Last 20 guests have left 5 star reviews?! I’m baffled and rather upset to be treated this way..

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Then this is incredibly odd @Rebecca1461  have you tried contacting them publicly on their social media. Make sure you use the hashtag Airbnb on all your communications.

Rebecca1461
Level 2
Bath, United Kingdom

Just an update.. I have received my first email correspondence from Airbnb in 9 days saying they’ve decided to restore my account BUT they won’t tell me why I was suspended?!? Not sure how I feel about it. Hope everyone else gets the results they want..