Victoria, AU

Superhost

Wow I made super host first quarter 

24 Replies 24
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Leanne99 

Thanks Lee, I shouldn't have gone off at @Barbara1651  like that, Friday was a rough day, we sent a dear friend to the next life and I should in hindsight have stayed away from the CC. 

If I am, as you say, generous with my time, it is because some here in the past were generous with theirs and gave me a great start with my hosting.

I guess I am just trying to pay it forward!

I am at the moment concreting two arm chairs ......

IMG20181027191528 cc.jpg

When they are finished they will look the same but they will be concrete and able to stand any weather conditions. I have organised for some great bright coloured scatter cushions for them that I can take inside at night or when the weather turns sour.

If you are into 'Survivor' on TV, I call this my 'Tribal Council Area'!!! 

Thanks for your encouragement Leanne ....and I am sorry Barbara!

Cheers......Rob

Dear @Robin4 

Condolences for the loss of your dear friend. By coincidence, we also farewelled an uncle on Friday in a service at Modbury.

Your concrete lounge chairs are intriguing....

Are you creating moulds and casting or constructing a frame work to concrete over?

Will they be grey or painted/ coloured in some way?

I like the idea and would like to see pics of the finished products.

All the best,

Cheers,

Leanne

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Leanne99 

What are you doing up this time of night???

What I am doing is covering the upholstery with bird mesh for reinforcing and I am floating about 30mm of concrete over the existing profiles so the chairs will look just the same....except they will be concrete. I won't be painting them but I will have some really nice bright cushions that will form the seats and backs.....or if someone wants to sit on the concrete they can. These chairs have been great for the past couple of years and guests can't believe them, indoor lounge chairs sitting out there in the garden. But they are not practical at the moment, I have to cover them every night to keep the rain (if it comes)  and the possums off them!  

I like making statement pieces Leanne, I have my mosaics all over the place and this is just an extension......

DSCN0980.JPG

!.10 am. I have had enough for one day....see ya!

Cheers......Rob

@Robin4  If you get the cushions/throw pillows done in the Marine Grade Sunbrella (can you get Sunbrella in Oz?) you won't have to be bothered to take them in at night or even if it rains. Colors are fade-proof, fabric is mold and stain resistant and water repellant.

@Robin4 

Robyn i am sorry for late reply to your very thoughtful message. Having aged parent in hospital doesn’t help my punctuality either. In answer to to location written description of property it is in New South Wales but it shares a Victorian postcode with barooga. Inserting postcode will automatically show to as victoria.

i cant believe the kind and generous help that has already been given and is made available

kind regards barbara

Yikes, grouchy much?  Nobody’s owed a response, it’s your choice to post here or not. No need to be rude about it. 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Well done @Barbara1651 !!

Can't wait to hear more about your hosting adventures,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Caleb103
Level 2
Boston, MA

Congratulations! Me too. 55 days actually but who's counting.. 

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Barbara1651

Congrats! Welcome to the club !

Mitchell74
Level 2
Cork, Ireland

Good job fam