Superhost

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Superhost

Today i was surprised again to see i am stil considered as a Superhost.

I am not doing anything special as a host and actually i hate the word "Super" in every context.

My listings offer basic facilities an belong to the cheapest Airbnb accommodation in town (And i myself would never rate them 5 stars ! )

How to avoid to become a Superhost ?

11 Replies 11
Lenore22
Level 10
California, United States

😅lol.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Emiel1 I don't know what to tell you, maybe don't be such a fantastic Host? 🤔

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

don't be kind

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Emiel1  Plenty of tips on how to lose your Superhost status on the CC, but you'd need to recruit a willing guest to assist 😉

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

LOL @Emiel1  😄 

I've been without status for some time (covid + earthquake + scammers combo) and found it really relaxing. I got it back, conveniently, exactly on April fools day 😛

Ryan2594
Level 3
Inverness, United Kingdom

So you would never rate a hostel 5 stars? 🤔

if your place is always clean, tidy, reasonable location and the price then the consistency should be reflected in you earning superhost status. It doesn’t matter whether the facilities are basic.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Emiel1 

This is really easy. Either:

1. Wait 25 hours to respond to anything and let all booking requests expire. Tell the guests, oops, you just saw the request. Can they send another?

2. Cancel every other reservation and tell the guests it was a mistake. Can they book it again?

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Thank you all for the insights.

Ofcourse my post must be read with "a grain of salt"...

After reading from all those disappointed hosts who lost their "Superhost status" : IMO this status is not that important as Airbnb wants us believe.

One grumpy guest and all your listings are supended without even an explanation, no matter if you are a Superhost. The blossoming Superhost flower received then goes instantly to organic waste.

More valuable insights on the subject in @Paul1255 's post : It's SUPERHOST season!

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Indeed @Emiel1  Superhost = gamification 🙂

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Emiel1 

My post was also meant in jest, but it is an easy way to lose one's Superhost status if one so wishes. There may be advantages to it...

I find the SUPER host Support to be Super irritating.