Superhosts that rates their own property and lack of transparency and fiduciary duty.

Mariana268
Level 2
Malibu, CA

Superhosts that rates their own property and lack of transparency and fiduciary duty.

Yesterday a guest that is also an AirBnb "Superhost" vacated my property located in a gated community claiming the property was unsafe (because of a broken door handle that I replaced during her stay).

After agreeing to give her full refund for the two nights she didn't stay at the property she refused to vacate and stayied at our heated the pool and jacuzzi until I contacted AirBnb countless times and threatened to charge 3 night stay initially booked. The "SuperHost" member of this comunity tryied to sell her services of concierge property manager, later she threatened to post such a bad review that nobody would ever book my property, she also claimed she would request AirBnb to remove me from the platform and additional refund. Case manager almost sided with the "OH SHE IS A SUPERHOST"

Looking at her profile I noticed she had several different "ghost" accounts with her OWN PICTURE and variation of her name, rating her own listings 5 stars... I confronted her and she said she post positive reviews in her own listing for "Quality Control" (???) she WROTE I should do that as well and she also WROTE it wasn't fake because she can rate her own properties (WHAT???).

Is the superhost status something misleading?  Airbnb lacks fidutiary duty when guests  take advantage of the homeowners by threatening to post fake reviews in exange for compensation and also posts fake misleading reviews to damage our reputation. We trust this platform and open our homes and hearts to the guests and allow guests to use our facilities, bedding, bathroom.

Where is the transparency? Where is the fiduciary duty of the AirBnb Customer Service and Case Managers?

0 Replies 0