Support??????? What support?????

Helen370
Level 2
Evanton, United Kingdom

Support??????? What support?????

Are others finding it increasingly difficult and frustrating trying to get help or support with an issue? I’ve tried since Saturday to get help with something, I’ve repeatedly tried online and also telephone but to no avail. I’m getting seriously angry now.

6 Replies 6
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

What issue are you trying to get help with @Helen370  can the community here help? 

As you know with Covid Airbnb has been overwhelmed with calls and queries and  with fewer resources due to staff cut backs are struggling to cope. 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Helen370 

Helen, these are difficult times, we are in the midst of a global pandemic! Many countries around the world, mine included, are going to be paying for the cost of this pandemic for generations. 

Airbnb are seen to be on a knife edge at the moment, and we don't know how real their issues are.

In many areas Airbnb business has never been better. In my state Airbnb reservations for this calendar year are 70% up on what they were last year. In areas where travel is permitted within state boundaries, business is booming......all those international travel dollars are being converted to travel at home!

The extent to which Airbnb have been affected by this pandemic we are never going to know! What we do know is, two months ago Airbnb laid off 1,200 staff members. It's a positive bet that those 1,200 former employees did not come from the Advertising or the programming sections of the platform.....they would have come from 'support!'

I have found as a Superhost I no longer have dedicated phone support ! When I phone in now with an issue I just go into the general phone pool like every other Tom, D*ck, or.... 'Donald'!

There is more pressure on CX now than there ever has been Helen, and I am sure the level of service we can expect will have deteriorated. 

Having said that Helen, If you are not getting a response from them through the phone pool I would suggest you try contacting them via Twitter.

Airbnb have dedicated staff who monitor their Twitter feeds, and they seem to have a higher level of expertise than the phone support....are better at decision making and I usually hear back from them within 5-10 minutes of posting my issue.

Step 1: Log into Twitter

Step 2: Search for @Airbnbhelp and choose "Follow" them

Step 3: Send a Direct Message (DM) explaining your issue and wait for their response.  They will ask for personal information regarding your listing which may appear like duplication, but what you are trying to do is start a new ticket. Always provide any information  over DM so it is not public.

You may get a better response if you do this Helen!

Good luck.....

Cheers........Rob

@Robin4 Hey Rob, I saw someone post this morning that everyone contacting them on Twitter is being re-directed here? No idea if it's true: it sounds like it may be a case of them saying perhaps you can get a general question answered in our community center while you're waiting on support. 

@Alexandra316 Lets hope this was fake news. @Lizzie has been asked for the truth - I am sure she will come through for us better than Boris has managed the UK exam results.

@Jean-Sébastien3 In the gaming industry it is called Pay2Play.  

@Helen370 Nowadays, IF there is another way to get something done, best not to get Airbnb involved. Treating a heart attack is too expensive.